As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

It is still possible to scout opponent units with Stealth ability inside of cities. Maybe the fix in a previous update didn't work? 
Also, I couldn't use Stealth on settlers. The ability is not listed in MASTER.CAS.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I get some weird bug report on animate ammo in newest version cause effect similar to entangle (unit lose all movement point but regain when enemy took over the unit due to confusion spell) in Warlord mod channel but due to Warlord mod does not change animate ammo or any part of combat script from original CoM for windows, so I relay report on this problem here.

https://discord.com/channels/61272579399...1447826482
Quote:loggerz — Yesterday at 7:25 AM
Just found A VERY WEIRD BUG today, Didn't crash my game but here's what happened:
I was defending my city against a sorcery/chaos wizard, All I had was one unit of slingers but I should have won cause this slinger unit was buffed to fuck and also ultra elite lol, anywhoo so the enemy wizard casts animate ammo on my slingers right? and then all of a sudden I can't control my unit when its my turn anymore? Its like the same effect as when you have a unit with 2 or less movement and the enemy casts Entangle, you can cast in your turn but you can't move/control any units that don't have enough movement points, now this is where it gets REALLY WEIRD, after casting animate ammo the next enemy turn he casts confusion on the slinger, and then in my own turn the slinger can move lol but only for the enemy if the confusion spell gives him temporary control over my slinger, so yeah that was about it really odd bug I found today. other then that game runs perfectly for me and It's been really fun :D

During attempt to fix report bug on Cracks' Call in Warlord mod I found that the bug is not quite within my scope of fixing at all as problem seem to be much deeper than that.

1) Cracks' Call sometimes damage unit nearby the target too. (I'm not sure if this is intentional or not on Seravy's side)
2) Good code just report error at random about very first variable using on getstat command in crackcall's script. (I suspect that it related to nearby unit die by crack call as I have never seen such crash when the target has no unit nearby)
3) Source of this bug trace back to activation of "UnitRecalculateEnabled" in modding.ini. Set this option to 1 would immediately make Crack Call bug by damage surrounding units and also trigger crash to desktop once non-target unit die by crack's call

Here are code and error report showing up

Error A:

Code:
IF (%N(GETSTAT(U,AMERGING,ACURR))) %AND (%N(GETSTAT(U,AFLYING,ACURR))) %AND (%N(GETSTAT(U,ANONCORPOREAL,ACURR))) THEN {
BURIED=(5*(GETSTAT(U,SDEFENSE,ACURR)));
R=RND(101);
IF (R<BURIED) THEN {
  SETCOMBATENCHANTMENTFLAG(U,EncBuried,ABase,1);
  IF (R=0) THEN {
  DEALCOMBATDAMAGE U,0,0,20;
  }
  IF (R>0) %AND (R<6) THEN {
  DEALCOMBATDAMAGE U,0,0,15;
  }
  IF (R>5) %AND (R<27) THEN {
  DEALCOMBATDAMAGE U,0,0,10;
  }
  IF (R>26) %AND (R<70) THEN {
  DEALCOMBATDAMAGE U,0,0,5;
  }
} ELSE {
  IF (R=0) THEN {
  }
  }
  }
  }
}
}

Error B:

Code:
BURIED=(5*(GETSTAT(U,SDEFENSE,ACURR)));
R=RND(101);

IF (%N(GETSTAT(U,AMERGING,ACURR))) %AND (%N(GETSTAT(U,AFLYING,ACURR))) %AND (%N(GETSTAT(U,ANONCORPOREAL,ACURR))) THEN {
IF (R<BURIED) THEN {
  IF (R=0) THEN {
  }
  }
  }
  }
} ELSE {
  IF (R=0) THEN {
  }
  }
  }
  }
}
}

Error C:

Code:
R=RND(101);

IF (R<(5*(GETSTAT(U,SDEFENSE,ACURR)))) THEN {
  IF (R=0) THEN {
  }
  }
  }
  }
} ELSE {
  IF (R=0) THEN {
  }
  }
  }
  }
}
}

Edited: update situation and source of bug as just discovered.

In conclusion from above post, activate "UnitRecalculateEnabled=1" in modding.ini will make make cracks call damage several units at the same time and would trigger crash to desktop if unit that not target die from Cracks Call.

I have had a problem happen twice when playing from this save file. Version 1.04.04.

Hit Next Turn.

When Raven's stack of pikemen attacks my pikeman, who is merely trying to enjoy a solitary picnic outside the walls of Sawtooth on Arcanus while waiting for a regiment of engineers to arrive, I cast invisibility (and re-apply it) until Raven runs out of mana. Then I cast Flight and wait for the rude intruders to leave after 25 turns.

When it is my turn again, all of the smelly pikemen have been whisked away! But to where? Not very far, actually. Just a few tiles to the southeast, on to my city of Longrift. If I cycle through my units (just pressing done or wait) until it gets to the units in that city, it flashes between my units and Ravens! If I click the city, an unhandled exception occurs.

Update: I was able to keep playing the game as long as I didn't select the city. However, several turns later Longrift completed its construction and the exception happened with the pop up window notifying me the shrine had been completed.

Attached Files
.zip   4.zip (Size: 477.02 KB / Downloads: 3)

(July 27th, 2022, 18:37)Fringe Wrote: I have had a problem happen twice when playing from this save file. Version 1.04.04...

I loaded the save file and saw two issues that I have already talked about:

1. he got a lightning doom bow - the lightning effect is completely useless if you have doom in the bow. 
2. in 20 years of game not a single merging or wraith form artifact - his heroes are completely useless againt any nature books wizard after 20 years in Advanced difficulty.

if we did any of the following, problem 2 would have greater chance to be fixed:

1. increase chance of merchants selling artifacts and the ratio of merging/wraith form artifacts
2. increase chance of finding books in lairs - he could have  found 1 death book (cast wraith form and spell lock) or two death books/4 Nature books  and create a merging/wraith form artifact.

Hadriex has sent me this savegame from Warlord mod compatible with version 1.4.10 (for CoM for windows version 1.4.4) which crash on the end of turn (Ariel's turn) but due to it report generic crash error so I could not identify where problem is. From what I known from Hadriex, he banished Ariel and then crash next end turn, he could skip this ctd by defeat her for good instead of just banishing.

Attached Files
.zip   HadriexBug.zip (Size: 136.34 KB / Downloads: 1)

Quote:In conclusion from above post, activate "UnitRecalculateEnabled=1" in modding.ini will make make cracks call damage several units at the same time and would trigger crash to desktop if unit that not target die from Cracks Call.

I do see a possible source for this problem.
When a unit is dealt damage, if it dies, the recalculation function is called for it, which will then use the recalculation script.
So the first script is paused, the second one is ran, then the first one continues.
In theory this should work but in practice it has never been tested because it wasn't expected to happen ever.

I should somehow test if removing the recalculation call from there is safe because it might be redundant, not sure why there is a need to recalculate a dead unit specifically but not a living one.

Edit : Actually yes there is a need to recalculate, but not for the unit itself, but the rest of the units in combat. (Killing a Holy Bonus should remove the bonus from everyone else)
I feel this is a leftover of old code and anything that can deal damage or kill a unit (spells or attacking) already recalculates anyway so it should be safe to remove.

(July 27th, 2022, 18:37)Fringe Wrote: I have had a problem happen twice when playing from this save file. Version 1.04.04.

Hit Next Turn.

When Raven's stack of pikemen attacks my pikeman, who is merely trying to enjoy a solitary picnic outside the walls of Sawtooth on Arcanus while waiting for a regiment of engineers to arrive, I cast invisibility (and re-apply it) until Raven runs out of mana. Then I cast Flight and wait for the rude intruders to leave after 25 turns.

When it is my turn again, all of the smelly pikemen have been whisked away! But to where? Not very far, actually. Just a few tiles to the southeast, on to my city of Longrift. If I cycle through my units (just pressing done or wait) until it gets to the units in that city, it flashes between my units and Ravens! If I click the city, an unhandled exception occurs.

Update: I was able to keep playing the game as long as I didn't select the city. However, several turns later Longrift completed its construction and the exception happened with the pop up window notifying me the shrine had been completed.

Wasn't able to reproduce. The pikemen retreated to the correct tile. Do you use any special settings that can affect overland movement animations and possibly cause the game to fail to register the source tile for the movement?
Other than that there is nothing I could think of.

(July 28th, 2022, 22:27)Seravy Wrote: Wasn't able to reproduce. The pikemen retreated to the correct tile. Do you use any special settings that can affect overland movement animations and possibly cause the game to fail to register the source tile for the movement?
Other than that there is nothing I could think of.

Oh wow. I had it happen all 3 times I loaded that file, and the third time I played several turns with it until the city finished its construction and it crashed again. I don't play with any modding, if that is what you mean. The only thing funny about my installation is that I've deleted all the files in Data\Music -- because I play off of a cloud drive and that folder had the bulk of the data and I don't play with music enabled anyway. Which I've done since I started playing this version.

If there's anything you want me to check or change, let me know. Thanks!