As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

I mean, is there anything in the settings menu that isn't the default?
I doubt music can have any effect on it but there are a few that might, like 30 FPS mode or I think there was one for changing how the stacks are autoselected after moving, anything like that.

(July 30th, 2022, 15:13)Seravy Wrote: I mean, is there anything in the settings menu that isn't the default?
I doubt music can have any effect on it but there are a few that might, like 30 FPS mode or I think there was one for changing how the stacks are autoselected after moving, anything like that.

Yes, I play with Disconnected and Monster Gone Wild.

I loaded the zip file I attached here, followed the steps, and it did the same thing for me. I also loaded it and fled the combat (and survived) and Raven's units ended where they should be and I could open Longrift without a crash.

Reloaded it again, followed the steps I described, and it happened again. It is consistent for me. I've attached a save of after it happening, with just an engineer and the unit(s) in Longrift still having actions left. For me, Raven's units flash on top of/in Longrift.

Attached Files
.zip   3.zip (Size: 483.68 KB / Downloads: 1)

(July 28th, 2022, 12:48)Suppanut Wrote: Hadriex has sent me this savegame from Warlord mod compatible with version 1.4.10 (for CoM for windows version 1.4.4) which crash on the end of turn (Ariel's turn) but due to it report generic crash error so I could not identify where problem is. From what I known from Hadriex, he banished Ariel and then crash next end turn, he could skip this ctd by defeat her for good instead of just banishing.

It's a division by zero error caused by logging the AI's tax decision, in particular the "rebeles/population" ratio. Ariel's only city left is an outpost. I will fix this crash for the next update, until then the only way to continue is either not conquering their second-to-last city, or conquering that last outpost before the end of the turn.

In a different game, I've defeated two stonehenge spots. One had guardian spirits and unicorns, the other had 8 unicorns. Both of them gave me a Death book. Should they have given me Life books since they had Life creatures? I had 1 sorcery, 1 chaos, and 4 life books prior to beating them and now have 1S, 1C, 4L, and 2D.

(July 30th, 2022, 17:00)Fringe Wrote:
(July 30th, 2022, 15:13)Seravy Wrote: I mean, is there anything in the settings menu that isn't the default?

Yes, I play with Disconnected and Monster Gone Wild.

I loaded the zip file I attached here, followed the steps, and it did the same thing for me. I also loaded it and fled the combat (and survived) and Raven's units ended where they should be and I could open Longrift without a crash.

Reloaded it again, followed the steps I described, and it happened again. It is consistent for me. I've attached a save of after it happening, with just an engineer and the unit(s) in Longrift still having actions left. For me, Raven's units flash on top of/in Longrift.

I was able to reproduce it now. The problem was I had "Show enemy moves" turned off.

Quote:In a different game, I've defeated two stonehenge spots.
Stonehenges give Death books while Temples give Life books. Both can contain either Life or Death monsters at random.

Fixed for the next update. Until then, disabling "Show enemy moves" should allow you to avoid the bug.

(July 30th, 2022, 18:39)Seravy Wrote: Stonehenges give Death books while Temples give Life books. Both can contain either Life or Death monsters at random.

Thanks for the tip!

Thank for fixing bug, I now have issue that I don't know if it is bug or not but my attempt to use "HaveTree(w)" in AIProd.cas end up with this error. I think I am using it right it end up report as function it does not recognize.

I'm crashing in another game. I've attached the file and putting in the picture of my current settings. I've also turned off all of these settings and still get the crash. frown

[Image: uPFjt37.png]

Attached Files
.zip   8.zip (Size: 169.23 KB / Downloads: 1)

(July 31st, 2022, 07:03)Suppanut Wrote:
Thank for fixing bug, I now have issue that I don't know if it is bug or not but my attempt to use "HaveTree(w)" in AIProd.cas end up with this error. I think I am using it right it end up report as function it does not recognize.

Unfortunately most of the new functions are not recognized due to a minor oversight - I added the code in the wrong section.

Quote:I'm crashing in another game. I've attached the file and putting in the picture of my current settings. I've also turned off all of these settings and still get the crash.
No crash here even with the exact same settings. Probably one of the bugs fixed yesterday?
...yes, it is. Lo Pan has 0 empire population that's the one, division by zero.

Maybe I should send this update to Slitherine right now instead of waiting for more bugs to fix.