As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

(July 31st, 2022, 21:43)Seravy Wrote: Maybe I should send this update to Slitherine right now instead of waiting for more bugs to fix.

Thanks, preventing crashes with a hopefully quick turnaround from Slitherine at the beginning of a new week

(July 31st, 2022, 21:43)Seravy Wrote: Maybe I should send this update to Slitherine right now instead of waiting for more bugs to fix.

I understand normally waiting for more fixes and changes to make a release but right now I feel like it's a risky gamble to play because of the crashes, so I'd appreciate a quick release. Thanks, again.

I encounter some weird bug in spell.ini while try to implement new spell for next version of Warlord mod. For some reason, spell slot [269] could not hold combat spell, when attempt to cast spell in this slot in combat (I tried curse with and without resistance roll), units position and casting skill suddenly reset to start combat position, combat turn also reset back to first turn too. At first I think I code something wrong but once I swap this spell position with overland spell, both spells (with combat spells position move to [268]) function properly, so I think there might be something with entry 269 that cause such weird bug.

I get report from Zitro who test new spell for me that my spell that I increase current mp (by make unit current MP could not lower than half of max MP by combat enchantment, as temporary solution for not able to give it to unit gradually at the end of combat turn) in combat through unitcalc.cas is only given current MP in number only. Remain MP is showing up like intended but they could not be spent. Is this intentional or bug? Do I need to give MP from other file?

Crash bug during combat targeting with the djinn.  Strangely doesn't crash when storm giant targeting.

Full screen with 4:3 aspect ratio.

Move the active stack and attack stack to bottom.   When attacking with the djinn... move the cursor off of the screen left or right in the black band area.

I was seeing infrequent "random" crashes during combat -- and finally isolated the issue.  work around is to either use windowed mode -- or the fully stretched full screen window.

Attached Files
.zip   2.zip (Size: 687.29 KB / Downloads: 3)

When I go to my next turn, my stack of Doom Drakes drowns. Did their wings get that tired?

Attached Files
.zip   8.zip (Size: 74.98 KB / Downloads: 3)

Thanks, the drowning bug will be fixed in the next update.

What is race 21 'Mystic' in races.ini used for?

I noticed a bug with Suppanut's Warlord mod, so if I know more about the intention of race 21 mystic, it might help us troubleshoot and find the cause (as I never encountered this unmodded or in earlier versions of the mod)

It is used by the spells Mystic Surge and Raise Dead.
Both turn the unit into a fantastic creature with no realm, that's 21.
It also used to come with being unable to heal in the DOS version but I think that was already moved to a separate ability flag.

Consecration says it "dispels all negative enchantments on a city". I cast it on a city that has Evil Presence active and it was not dispelled. Is that a bug?

This may be relevant: The city was owned by a different wizard when Evil Presence was cast on it by a third wizard. I captured it last turn, cast Consecration this turn.