As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

(February 17th, 2023, 01:01)Seravy Wrote:
Quote:When I use "Resurrection" to revive a hero I gave a custom name to, the hero comes back with his default name instead (es., "Brax" for the dwarf), with no way to rename him.

Ouch, again? It feels like this feature breaks every few updates somehow, tho last time the name was missing.
Edit : fixed for the next update.

Eheh I well know that feeling about "Here's that hell of bug back again!!!".
Anyway, besides of fixing it, is it possible to have the chance to rename a hero when I like it?

I guess, but only if we find a place on the UI for a "Rename" button.

(February 18th, 2023, 01:23)Seravy Wrote: I guess, but only if we find a place on the UI for a "Rename" button.

What about by simply clicking the name? Can that label be an actual "button"? (an hyperlink.....!!)

In the attached save (on next turn): Tlaloc attacks a Chaos node with 4 doom bats with two fame 0 heroes probably not leveled up and he is not an artificer. and 7 war bears and takes it in May 1505 without any losses. This should not be possible if a real battle took place. the higher tier the enemy monster its should require 3-4 of one less tier monsters to defeat it IMO.

Two turns before that he attacked with the same army the sorcery node on the top left (which I took over because he abandoned it right after) with 2 water elementals and 4 Air elementals and also wiped it out without any losses. there is no chance these battles were won at least without significant losses , at each of these battles his heroes would have been dead for sure.

attached save:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-7yFCRn...share_link

This problem was reported before. The issue is that autocombat overweighs hero stats and buffs the stack values too high: https://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/show...#pid823900.

Combat instant Mystic Surge randomly adds some enchantments to your unit (importantly, Hero units are a valid target too) — one of these enchantments can randomly happen to be Blood Lust, which can result in an OOPS! moment as you are suddenly stuck with a permanently-undead 1-hp no-healing Hero. Is this by design?

(February 20th, 2023, 19:21)Anskiy Wrote: This problem was reported before. The issue is that autocombat overweighs hero stats and buffs the stack values too high: https://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/show...#pid823900.

I think adding a simulated combat option where the AI battles are actually simulated might fix it. it will make the AI turns longer, but if you want fairness, that's the price... I suggested it before and Seravy said it's will take too long to implement and is not for the near future but I still don't understand why it's so hard to implement, the logic is there... just create a UI-less combat between 2 AIs, and if the attacker doesn't like the result the AI can just not attack... it can be a settings options so that if the AI turns become too long you can just turn it off. I believe this is an important part of the game because as Anskiy already said, it's really annoying seeing it happening. if I can help implement it in any way (maybe with some variation of the Damage calculator) I volunteer to do it freely.

(February 21st, 2023, 00:41)J2Greene Wrote: Combat instant Mystic Surge randomly adds some enchantments to your unit (importantly, Hero units are a valid target too) — one of these enchantments can randomly happen to be Blood Lust, which can result in an OOPS! moment as you are suddenly stuck with a permanently-undead 1-hp no-healing Hero. Is this by design?

yes... it's by design.  It's a crapshoot gamble to get out of tough situation.... not intended for units you really care about unless they have regeneration.

(February 21st, 2023, 18:25)GMBarak Wrote: I think adding a simulated combat option where the AI battles are actually simulated might fix it. it will make the AI turns longer, but if you want fairness, that's the price... I suggested it before and Seravy said it's will take too long to implement and is not for the near future but I still don't understand why it's so hard to implement, the logic is there... just create a UI-less combat between 2 AIs, and if the attacker doesn't like the result the AI can just not attack... it can be a settings options so that if the AI turns become too long you can just turn it off. I believe this is an important part of the game because as Anskiy already said, it's really annoying seeing it happening. if I can help implement it in any way (maybe with some variation of the Damage calculator) I volunteer to do it freely.

I think this is worth trying, yeah. It could likely be put as an option in case it turns out to be overall slower.

(February 21st, 2023, 22:32)Anskiy Wrote:
(February 21st, 2023, 18:25)GMBarak Wrote: I think adding a simulated combat option where the AI battles are actually simulated might fix it. it will make the AI turns longer, but if you want fairness, that's the price... I suggested it before and Seravy said it's will take too long to implement and is not for the near future but I still don't understand why it's so hard to implement, the logic is there... just create a UI-less combat between 2 AIs, and if the attacker doesn't like the result the AI can just not attack... it can be a settings options so that if the AI turns become too long you can just turn it off. I believe this is an important part of the game because as Anskiy already said, it's really annoying seeing it happening. if I can help implement it in any way (maybe with some variation of the Damage calculator) I volunteer to do it freely.

I think this is worth trying, yeah. It could likely be put as an option in case it turns out to be overall slower.

Interesting twist in my game, he eliminated tower full of efreet with this "invincible" army of two lousy heroes and 7 war bears and then he declared war on me and went to my capital with his lousy two heroes and 7 war bears vs my zaldron and 5 longbowmen which eliminated his whole army and I got 3 high level artifacts from him,7 fame, and also a wraithform artifact which enables me to attack him with my strongest hero without fearing "crack call". This shows that this "special ability" of the AI also makes him overconfident and thus also weak.