As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

It seems like, contrary to its description, Bless only applies its defense bonus against elements, not realms. Thus, it defends against all Fire and Lightning element damage, but not against Chaos and Death damage spells using other elements. This was noticed rather clearly in a recent game Hadriex played, where his hero died to Reaper Slash despite being protected by Bless. I'll try to find the timestamped link soon.

(April 27th, 2023, 02:38)Anskiy Wrote: It seems like, contrary to its description, Bless only applies its defense bonus against elements, not realms. Thus, it defends against all Fire and Lightning element damage, but not against Chaos and Death damage spells using other elements. This was noticed rather clearly in a recent game Hadriex played, where his hero died to Reaper Slash despite being protected by Bless. I'll try to find the timestamped link soon.

Correction. According to test result done. Bless spell's armor bonus doing both block all fire and lightning damage as well as all damage type done by death realm spells. Bless's resistance bonus also help block wave of despair too, which is contrary to Wave of Despair's description that say only base resistance that checked against wave of despair.

That seems correct, the code looks at effective resistance instead of current for Wave of Despair.
Does anyone remember if this was an intentional change or not?
I do remember it originally ignored these spells because there wasn't space to make it check for them in the DOS version and that problem of course no longer exists.

So this might be an intentional chance and outdated spell description but I'm not sure.
Wave of Despair is a counter mainly against heroes and lone high resistance units both very likely to have access to Bless and Resist Magic. On the other hand, against a strength 85 attack (single unit) or even 51 (3 units), an additional 5 resistance is not a significant buff, definitely not to the extent where it can justify making the spell rules more complex. Adding the buffs also makes the unit more vulnerable to Dispel Magic (and more likely to be targeted by it) so it's not necessarily beneficial to cast them.

I suspect this is intentional but if anyone can find an old discussion to confirm it that would be best.

(April 26th, 2023, 22:21)CreepyCaster Wrote: Either TERRAINGOLD in EcoGold.CAS doesn't seem to populate with a value or the Gold=x lines in TERRAIN.INI aren't parsed correctly by the engine and thus always get set to 0 internally by default.

I tested this by setting the Gold values of various terrain types in the TERRAIN.INI file and then using

ADDRESLINE "Terraingold",TERRAINGOLD;

in the EcoGold.CAS script and could never get it to output a value. (It should have printed the output as a bunch of coins equal to the combined TERRAINGOLD percentage covered by the city)

Was this post of mine noticed?  I think this is a pretty significant issue.  Specifying GOLD percentages for individual terrain types in TERRIAN.INI doesn't work... at all. (The global build on a river and/or by the shore GOLD percentages DO work)

This can be easily verified by setting the GOLD=X to some constant value for all terrain types in TERRAIN.INI and then reloading a save game and noticing NO EFFECT on city gold production.

It's on my todo list. I'll probably get to checking it this week.

Quote:Unit attribute "ALargeShield" is missing from MASTER.CAS.
This will be included in the next update.

(March 15th, 2023, 04:15)Slingers Wrote: I think NeutralExpgain=1 doesn't work anymore or the EXP was not displayed on the units?

Couldn't reproduce, neutral units had 7 experience on turn 7 so they gained the 1 exp/turn as expected.

(March 19th, 2023, 23:28)Suppanut Wrote: Bug report. My spearmen garrison in city with heavenly light enchantment do not get magic weapon (could not damage fire elemental, don't get +10% to-hit, and weapon icon display as normal weapon instead of magic one) even in combat to defend this city.

Was the unit modded to have 0 base attack? I don't see anything else that could cause this.
Did they get the other effects? (Defense, resistance)

I think word "wizard pact" or "alliance" is missing here.

Confirmed, it'll be fixed in the next update.