As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

key.ini line 97,98

[Item] (this is items vault sub panel in Army, right? )
OK = O key dont work (neither if I change it to E)

(June 11th, 2023, 06:53)Lagi Wrote: key.ini  line 97,98

[Item]    (this is items vault sub panel in Army, right? ) 
OK = O  key dont work (neither if I change it to E)
It must then be "Custom Items" entered via the main menu. The items vault seems to only use the >Esc< key. popcorn

(June 11th, 2023, 08:20)Slingers Wrote:
(June 11th, 2023, 06:53)Lagi Wrote: key.ini  line 97,98

[Item]    (this is items vault sub panel in Army, right? ) 
OK = O  key dont work (neither if I change it to E)
It must then be "Custom Items" entered via the main menu. The items vault seems to only use the >Esc< key. popcorn

you are right.
very important shortcut :-)

Animations in combat.
each unit has 4 frame of animation in each direction. 3x for movement (1x idle+2 steps) and 1x frame for melee attack.

When range units (like Dark Elf Warlock, Priest,.. or Ghouls) are casting spells (i presume doing all type of range attack) , they dont use Attack frame. they just stand there and projectiles are being cast.
Attack frame should be used in this case.

Barbarian unit list is a mess. Spearmen are between Berserkes and Gladiators.

[Image: ygYETWn.png]

(June 12th, 2023, 20:38)Lagi Wrote: Barbarian unit list is a mess. Spearmen are between Berserkes and Gladiators.

[Image: ygYETWn.png]

This is due to unit list there sorting along unit ID, and ID of barbarian spearmen are inserted much later in the list after some other racial units. I have already suggested Seravy to create unit index file but it is on his very low priority for him.

Technically you could swap unit ID to fix it but list is long and involve many files which reference to those units id. I also not sure if there still any unit hardcoded effect left or not. Swapping unit ID would also effect save from older version too.

As explained above, it's due to the order of units in the data.
It was the first racial normal unit in the data and had to be moved further down to make room for the new type of boat as far as I remember. It could probably be moved back and the boat moved down elsewhere now but that removes save file compatibility.

In attached to game CoM manual, it is written than Lizardmen can build Trireme and Galley.

I build all structures (and Lizards dont have ship yard) and I cannot do that? I can only build carrack? Is it a mistake in pdf?

Yes, that seems to be an error in the manual, I'll fix it.

(June 12th, 2023, 09:47)Lagi Wrote: Animations in combat.
each unit has 4 frame of animation in each direction. 3x for movement (1x idle+2 steps) and 1x frame for melee attack.

When range units (like Dark Elf Warlock, Priest,.. or Ghouls) are casting spells (i presume doing all type of range attack) , they dont use Attack frame. they just stand there and projectiles are being cast.
Attack frame should be used in this case.

I started the DOS version of the game and tried a few attacks using a longbowmen. I couldn't notice any change in animation, the units just stood still. So this seems to be accurate to the original.