As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

Displayrace does show the race of the unit, yes.

The flag is probably black because the game first creates the unit, then sets the owner, and finally if it was a settler then converts it to a race specific one which starts by copying the unit data from units.ini again, overwriting the owner.
I'll change the order to set the owner after the unit was converted to a settler, that should fix it.

All settlers use the id 44 ($2C), all the others are leftovers from the DOS version, unused.

I think life drain is bugged.
Description says it has -5 penalty but spells.ini has these lines
Quote:[167]
Name=Life Drain
Rarity=1
TradeValue=6
Category=5
Realm=5
CastingCost=10
ResearchCost=320
AIResearchPriority=100
AIResearchGroup=2
SavePenalty=-4
SpellTypeGroup=4
CastingLocation=255
ACDirectDamage=2

Confirmed the mismatch of the description of the effect and the description.
I looked up the code history and it was already -4 before the modding feature moving it into the INI file.
...It was changed from -4 to -5 during version 5.20 in DOS. Later updates removed the SP production. There is no mention of further save modifier changes.

Yes, it seems like -5 is the correct value, I'll fix this.

(June 17th, 2023, 21:59)Seravy Wrote:
(June 12th, 2023, 09:47)Lagi Wrote: Animations in combat.
each unit has 4 frame of animation in each direction. 3x for movement (1x idle+2 steps) and 1x frame for melee attack.

When range units (like Dark Elf Warlock, Priest,.. or Ghouls) are casting spells (i presume doing all type of range attack) , they dont use Attack frame. they just stand there and projectiles are being cast.
Attack frame should be used in this case.

I started the DOS version of the game and tried a few attacks using a longbowmen. I couldn't notice any change in animation, the units just stood still. So this seems to be accurate to the original.

Is it possible to mod this feature? (display attack frame also during shooting/spellcasting)

Zaldron casting dispelling Wave on Angels who have blessed themselves reliably crashes my game.

Known bug, should be fixed in the next update.

Settler mercenaries seem to be working, but I just had a strange encounter on Myrror. A city with no name crashed when clicked. Upon attack, it turned out to be a Barbarian city! In the used MOD, Barbarian settlers are in place of generic settlers in UNITS.INI (also changed in MODDING.INI) Let's see if the problem comes up again if I change this back. Generic settlers were turned off for mercenaries...

Barbarians being race 0 and having no name also makes it possible that it was not a created city but some error in the city data turning an empty slot into a city.
Look through the turn save files and find when the city got created, then we'll see if it was a settler or was the result of another city not being correctly destroyed.

I think I have encountered similar problem but with mod on 1.5. On first turn after freshly start new game I get a hero unit out of nowhere in my fortress city and then crash when clicking it but autosave is fine, there is no such problem occur. I could not isolate problem due to I could not replicate it. I also get bug with similar characteristic with game randomly crash after finish create new game process but autosave has already created and could load autosave and play like previous bug not exist (or maybe have some error that I don't realize).

Edited: I heard from my friend that sometimes he get random unit upon start new game and cause inexplicable crash too.

Not playing the latest so might have been fixed already:

Enemy wizard is casting Uranus Blessing on outposts, is that intended? 
I started a war with Sss'ra by accidentally moving my units into his invisible units on the map a few times. Could we trigger a warning before this happens?