As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] 0x49-y: Marxist-Joaoist Praxis

Well I know this is where I want to be on turn 39:

[Image: WvG5kgd.jpg]

That's 3 workers out, both capital and 2nd city with terraces, first cottage worked. From there will depend on what my scouting brings up. Definitely want >10 cities by turn 75 but I am a bit disappointed that there aren't yet any great city locations outside of these 3. Probably something up by the silver-deer-fur for the luxes and then start spreading west to the meagre plains. Early galley to start establishing myself on the islands I can see. Rushing GLH is also definitely under consideration.

More of the plan is taking shape

[Image: E57tENK.jpg]

What's the meta these days? EOT55 still competitive for GLH? Main competition would be scooter with his pseudo-IND bereaucap. I can shave it down a couple turns but at the expense of not settling the 5th city and generally worse development.

Also note the research. Who needs an oracle when you start the game with the riverside gold wonder crazyeye

First forge out ~t65 nets a great engineer t99 for The Kremlin. If I can survive until then I think I'll be unstoppable. Though building 2 high value wonders will surely put a mighty big target on my back...

Why settle *on* the furs?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

I haven't fully scouted the north so dotmap isn't finalized yet but it's a tundra hill fur so worthless to work and it saves 8 worker turns at a time when I need most of my workforce chopping the GLH and terrace will pop borders for the silver quickly

[Image: k08uS7T.jpg]

Preliminary dotmap, most of these will be settled by turn 65

Hampstead has grown to size 3 and is now cranking out a cheeky 4 turn settler with the help of a forest chop. 2nd city settled t26, 3rd city t38, and following 2 cities before t50.

Copper showed up in a great place to buff my planned production city:

[Image: 8Ydnv2o.jpg]

But the most interesting news of the turn came down south

[Image: Q9f1zJM.jpg]

dancing  We are on our own island dancing

Is copper position/being alone changing your settling order ?

Well thanks to being alone I don't have to settle to copper for security so I think I'll still settle for the floodplains and fish first. But being on an island has huge strategic implications for the rest of the game that I'll write up in a post later.

[Image: ie9VaG0.jpg]

Settler #3 is on the move to build a city 3S of Coyoacán t38. Overflow from the settler whip will finish the terrace in Hampstead at half the foodbox this turn while a forest chop gets a terrace out in Coyoacán next turn. Nice to see that my micro skills aren't too rusty shades (tho early game EXP is really playing on easy mode)

I know where my next 2 cities are going (#4 for the wheat/sheep/copper west of the capital, #5 for the fish/silver/fur to the north) so my next big decision is whether or not I go all in on The Great Lighthouse. Building it would require chopping all remaining forests in the capital's BFC while tying up most of my worker labor for several critical early game turns, so it's definitely high risk if someone else snipes it. On the other hand, I think my economy will need more than State Property to compete with my slate of FIN opponents. If I miss it I think I'll have to pivot towards The Pyramids but hopefully I can just land those sweet sweet coastal trade routes and REX safely across my lovely home island.

Sidenote: does anyone get my naming scheme yet? It's pretty loose/ad hoc but if you know some of the history of communist thought the names should be familiar.

(July 17th, 2023, 14:04)Oxyphenbutazone Wrote: Well thanks to being alone I don't have to settle to copper for security so I think I'll still settle for the floodplains and fish first. But being on an island has huge strategic implications for the rest of the game that I'll write up in a post later.

Is it later yet?
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data