As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

(July 23rd, 2023, 06:05)Seravy Wrote: Looks like it works fine.
+8 defense is added from Weapon Immunity.

With the 10 defense on the unit, it has a fairly high chance of not taking damage from the attacks, but against 42 attacking figures each having 5 attack and 40% chance to hit, a few points of damage does get through, and this unit only has 1 hp per figure so even that few points is enough to kill it.

(However Weapon Immunity description says 10 defense which is inconsistent with the 8 added but that's a mod bug.)

Without Weapon Immunity, this unit of spearmen would die from the first attack coming from the Longbowmen, but it survived the entire first turn, only taking 4 damage.

Actually, I change modding.ini to make it +10 defense in Warlord mod.

Line 437

Code:
; Amount of bonus defense granted by Weapon Immunity
WeaponImmunityDefenseBonus=10

Thanks for verify it.

(July 23rd, 2023, 11:04)Suppanut Wrote:
(July 23rd, 2023, 06:05)Seravy Wrote: Looks like it works fine.
+8 defense is added from Weapon Immunity.

With the 10 defense on the unit, it has a fairly high chance of not taking damage from the attacks, but against 42 attacking figures each having 5 attack and 40% chance to hit, a few points of damage does get through, and this unit only has 1 hp per figure so even that few points is enough to kill it.

(However Weapon Immunity description says 10 defense which is inconsistent with the 8 added but that's a mod bug.)

Without Weapon Immunity, this unit of spearmen would die from the first attack coming from the Longbowmen, but it survived the entire first turn, only taking 4 damage.

Actually, I change modding.ini to make it +10 defense in Warlord mod.

Line 437

Code:
; Amount of bonus defense granted by Weapon Immunity
WeaponImmunityDefenseBonus=10

Thanks for verify it.

I double checked and
WeaponImmunityDefenseBonus=8
is in the wrong section, it should have been under [Gameplay], same for the Large Shield bonus.
I'll send the correct modding.ini file, maybe it can still be included in the settler hotfix.

Reporting a game crash. It seems reproducible.
Load the attached save, enter the city display of Ebonsway, select production of Settler, and the game crashes.
The version is 1.5.0. No mods.

Edit: I see some references to a "settler hotfix" in other posts. Maybe my issue has also been reported by other users.

Attached Files
.zip   3.zip (Size: 14.21 KB / Downloads: 0)

Quote:Edit: I see some references to a "settler hotfix" in other posts. Maybe my issue has also been reported by other users.
Yes, unfortunately looking at the settler production screen causes a crash in 1.5.0.

After upgrading to version 1.05.00, the game consistently crashes within 2 turns of a new game. My installation worked perfectly before I upgraded, and I have changed nothing.

I am running the game from GOG Galaxy, inside a Windows 10 virtualbox. I have tried deleting and reinstalling, which did not fix anything.

The attached save consistently crashes when I try to load it, without ever getting into the game.

PS: Why oh why does the forum now support attaching .sav files? And why is the error message when trying to do so an easily missed very short-lived popup in the top right?

Attached Files
.zip   crash.zip (Size: 20.64 KB / Downloads: 0)

Version 1.5.1 that fixes the new crash bug should be out tomorrow.
If it doesn't fix the problem, let me know!

I also noticed sometimes getting a crash - all times, it was caused by one of starting settlers disappearing (usually, after Wait command was used). If reload before the bug, it could be avoided

Here is not bug report but concern about potential problem after update of game while mod still loaded in data folder. Update of game occur in data folder which cause data folder to corrupted if mod was not unloaded before update (which properly forcing to do so by Steam before loading game anyway). I think this would not be issue if file in restore folder also get updated during updating process too so that all player need to do after update would be unloading mod and wait for upcoming update of mod to come. But it seem not to be the case as after restore file, version of file not update so I have to perform integrity validation and retrieve correct version of file again.

Is it possible to make update protocol more user friendly?

You're not supposed to update the game automatically. Turn that option off.
If that's not possible, it's Steam's fault, I can't do anything about that.
Forced updates with no manual control from the user are generally an awful design.

Fortunately, unless we get a lot of bug reports, updates will be very rare in the future.

Thank you for clarified, Seravy.