As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

In version 1.5.1 with Warlord mod, unit curse with nonmagic flag could target unit with magic immunity under target aid game rule but could not penetrate it. (I try it several time with Dance of Death (Fate Mastery) and this spell (Hierophany) has decent -save bonus (-4).

To replicate problem. Load save and attack city name Tiamat on Myrror, Musketeers in that city has both invisibility and magic immunity cast on it.

Attached Files
.zip   nonmagicpartiallywork.zip (Size: 623.04 KB / Downloads: 1)

NonMagic only works on unit curses with no save rolls.
Magic Immunity provides 100 resistance against spells and abilities in general, so even if the spell isn't blocked, it'll always fail the resistance roll.
Poison is the only exception, as it has no spell realm and thus doesn't trigger this resistance bonus.

This is pretty much the same type of bonus as Resist Magic except 100 instead of 5.

A possible workaround would be to change it to have no save rolls then "cancel" the spell from the script if it fails a simulated resistance roll that ignores these resistance modifiers and uses base resistance from the unit stats.

Quote:In version 1.5.1, every time I move unit out of tower tile, patrolled unit either become active right after or move along with unit I move out.

Yes, the plane change cancelling patrol was already fixed yesterday.

(August 5th, 2023, 03:43)Thue Wrote: So another bug - have to keep you busy!

I got the special event with a free sword from the Gods. But it happened like this, after pressing end of turn:
* I first got into the items dialogue with the sword in hand, and no explanation. I were also unable to right-click on items to see their stats.
* Then I got other new turn popups (I don't remember exactly which, sorry)
* Then I got the popup that a Returning God gave me the sword.

This will be fixed in the next update as well.

(August 5th, 2023, 10:50)Seravy Wrote: NonMagic only works on unit curses with no save rolls.
Magic Immunity provides 100 resistance against spells and abilities in general, so even if the spell isn't blocked, it'll always fail the resistance roll.
Poison is the only exception, as it has no spell realm and thus doesn't trigger this resistance bonus.

This is pretty much the same type of bonus as Resist Magic except 100 instead of 5.

A possible workaround would be to change it to have no save rolls then "cancel" the spell from the script if it fails a simulated resistance roll that ignores these resistance modifiers and uses base resistance from the unit stats.

Quote:In  version 1.5.1, every time I move unit out of tower tile, patrolled unit either become active right after or move along with unit I move out.

Yes, the plane change cancelling patrol was already fixed yesterday.

Thank you. I will try to implement this.

(August 5th, 2023, 11:01)Seravy Wrote:
(August 5th, 2023, 03:43)Thue Wrote: So another bug - have to keep you busy!

I got the special event with a free sword from the Gods. But it happened like this, after pressing end of turn:
* I first got into the items dialogue with the sword in hand, and no explanation. I were also unable to right-click on items to see their stats.
* Then I got other new turn popups (I don't remember exactly which, sorry)
* Then I got the popup that a Returning God gave me the sword.

This will be fixed in the next update as well.

You are seriously kicking ass here. All reported bugs are fixed within 24 hours.

Some other software have bug report forums where users effectively shout at walls, and users have to vote on bug reports in the hope that the developer might one day read them, and consider fixing them.

Btw, stretching the definition of "bug" a bit. Would there be any chance of have the "done" button work like a 1-turn patrol, where you can still manually select the unit and move it if you regret it? The current behavior of "done" being iereversible is kinda stupid for no good reason I can see.

I think "done" being irreversible is an old game bad interface thing, just the way things were done in the "good old days". When I implemented it is FreeCiv, I of course made it reversible, which was trivially easy to do. IIRC it was also irreversible in e.g. Civ 1.

Flying Fortress has only "Flying" appear without "Fortress". At first I think it occur in Warlord mod only but after check on unmodded CoM, "Fortress" part also missing too.

Quote:Btw, stretching the definition of "bug" a bit. Would there be any chance of have the "done" button work like a 1-turn patrol, where you can still manually select the unit and move it if you regret it? The current behavior of "done" being iereversible is kinda stupid for no good reason I can see.

That's definitely a feature request.
The current implementation of the Done button is "set remaining moves to zero", same as the original game.

To implement this, it would require a new unit state that's similar to "Wait" except lasts until the turn is ended, instead of until all units without a "Wait" status are out of movement.

Quote:Flying Fortress has only "Flying" appear without "Fortress". At first I think it occur in Warlord mod only but after check on unmodded CoM, "Fortress" part also missing too.
Intentional and happens in the original game as well. The text box is not wide enough for the entire spell name as far as I remember.

I don't think it would be problem for text to fall off anymore asspell with name as long (Nature's Witness) still not fall off.

In the attached game, the AIs are repeatedly reported to have summoned Torin the Chosen. Including the same AI player repeatedly summoning him. But then when I check their heroes list the next turn, Torin the Chosen is not in the list.

Attached Files
.zip   Torin.zip (Size: 287.28 KB / Downloads: 1)