As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB74 spoilers] Plemo in epic contest

Placeholder cool

Actually, I had planned to primarily maintain the story here and only give summaries in civforum (https://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?1...-Wettkampf). In the end, I already have several posts in civforum, so there will probably be more translations here.

"Since a Big and Small map is planned, I'm actually quite happy with Scandinavia. Secretly, I was hoping for Genghis Khan from Zulu. Stalin, Churchill or Catherine all only half inspire me. I would also like to have the following traits in this order IMP, AGG, ORG, SPI and PRO.

It's not clear yet if you have to select everything or if you can select only Civ or only Leader. In that case, I'd probably keep Scandinavia and try my luck again with the leaders. Otherwise, I could also make friends with Catherine."

If I start in the small part, Vikings could be really strong, especially if you get an ORG leader. The game is played on Monarch, which is why I see IMP as an expansion trait and half an economy trait, and why I see it as my favorite trait here. With CHA, CRE, FIN, on the other hand, I am not very fond of them.

In bold my choice for the options of the other players (regardless of their preferences).

Gavagai is Huayana Capac OR Hannibal OR Victoria of Maya
Superdeath is Frederick OR Louis XIV OR Asoka of Native America
Greenline is Mao Zedong OR Mansa Musa OR Lincoln of Persia
Magic Science is Ramassess II OR Willem van Oranje OR Ragnar of Mali
Commodore is Justinian I of Carthage
Dreylin is Mehmed II OR Gilgamesh OR Montezuma of Portugal
Plemo is Stalin OR Churchill OR Catherine of Scandinavia
Scooter is Pericles OR Elizabeth OR Washington of Japan
Bing is Alexander OR Napoleon OR Lieu Ye (ORG/PRO) of Babylon
Piccadilly is Tokugawa OR Sitting Bull OR Bismarck of India
Miguelito is Hatsheput OR Darius OR Roosevelt of Egypt
Tarkeel is San Martin (CRE/CHA) OR Julius Caesar OR Isabella of Germany
General Kill Cavalry is Nebuchadnezzar (PHI/IND) OR Hammurabi OR Suleiman of France
GT is Brennus OR Kublai Khan OR Charlemagne of Zululand
Pindicator is Shaka OR Zara Yaqob OR Saladin of Sumeria
Hubabl is De Gaulle OR Augustus Caesar OR Qin Shi Huang of Khemer
Xist10 is Pacal II OR Wang Kon OR Cyrus of Rome
Donovan Zoi is Boudica OR Genghis Khan OR Suryvarman II of Inca
Amicalola is Gandhi OR Peter OR Joao II of Arabia

[Image: REN667D.png]
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

"Doesn't really look like the "small" part of the map. Tend to the founding on the plain hill, even if the current place also brings advantages. More detailed analysis tomorrow."

Logging in the Vikings and rejecting the leaders.

I wanted an IMP leader and now I got two to choose from.

Plemo is Charlemagne OR Saladin OR Victoria of Scandinavia

Victoria is one of the strongest leader in BTS. Back to the sandbox.

"No matter if I research mining followed by bronze or before that agriculture, my BT is unemployed for a few turns. There is one exception, but it is quite risky and depends on the explored hinterland, the demo and the proximity of the neighbors. Build settler on Pop2 and send the worker along to the new city.

An alternative could have been Catherine, since I would have already had the second culture expansion. But that is no longer possible.

I still want to test settlers first and how many turns the worker has idle. Should the second city have direct trade routes via the coast, PRO is particularly interesting, since the city would then mean a net gain of 4-5 gold."

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2071410]

I will play Victoria.

Now that the election is final, I can make a very subjective ranking of the players, based mainly on the assessment of the leaders/civ and as far as available on the knowledge of the players.
Some players have naturally rather tendencies to the next higher group while others are rather positively evaluated. I will write more about individual players and/or combos.
Tier 1 (players who should contain the winner under normal circumstances):
Gavagai, Commodore, Plemo, Miguelito, Tarkeel, Pindicator.
Tier 2 (players with potential, but who need neighborhood help to win):
Amicalola, Magic Science, Dreylin, Scooter, Piccadilly, Donovan Zoi.
Tier 3 (rest):
Superdeath, Hubabl, Greenline, Bing, General Kill Cavalry, GT, Xist10.
My favorite combos are Julius Caesar of Germany, Kublai Khan of Zululand and Zara Yaqob of Sumeria.