As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB74 spoilers] Plemo in epic contest

I have a minor problem. I'm 99% sure I'm missing 3 units that I loaded onto galleys last turn specifically to hide them and surprise SD. Now I can't find them on board or on land. What bothers me is not so much that three units are gone, but that they would be useful to me now. To the best of my knowledge, I can't imagine that I disbanded them by mistake, as this always requires additional confirmation. Now I'm wondering whether it's possible for units to disappear, as the connection was quite poor, Ginger logged in at the same time and I disbanded a scout somewhere else.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2096556]

Unfortunately, I didn't take a screenshot of the area in question at the time, so I asked Ramk if it was possible to check this with little effort. If not, I will continue to play like this.

Impression in the lurker thread was that it was likely accidental deletion during another player's login; I don't think anyone has seen unexplained disappearances.

I can't judge how vital these units are, but it may be in the best interest of future game health to play-on as-is rather than cause further delay.

Thanks Dreylin! Played on as the city is of minor importance.

Background to my reload request for possible lurkers to decide:
This round I should research mechanical engineering. All my whips and also my troop movements were designed to research it this turn. In the end, I lose the opportunity to defend my western border in a meaningful way.

Understand how your troop movements are influenced; can you clarify on the whip side how they were timed?

I have to correct me. Not all of my whips are affected. I whipped 3-4 spears which should be finished as pikes. So this is a less important issue.

@Lurkers:

May I offer Tarkeel Aarhus for peace?

(March 10th, 2024, 11:45)Plemo Wrote: @Lurkers:

May I offer Tarkeel Aarhus for peace?

Yes, I believe that is within the game rules.

Another little update, even though I haven't played a role in the game for a long time. A few rounds ago, Commodore attacked me from the sea and turned a two-front war into a three-front war. I lost two cities in the process, while I was able to secure the others by massively whipping, upgrading and moving troops. I was even able to recapture one city shortly before the end of the war thanks to the Vikings. He probably had hardly any more troops, as I destroyed a total of 13 knights, 2 maces and a few weaker units. Fortunately, neither SD (probably too few troops) nor Tarkeel (8 catapults and a few knights ready for a counterattack on my side) went on the offensive.

I had actually planned to just click through the game and maybe survive SD. With Commodore's attack, I have a new goal and that is to prevent them from winning. I definitely need Astro for that. While looking at possible targets, I also took a closer look at their starting land and I have to say that it's significantly better than anyone else's and it's always been Commodore's game to lose.

SD's land for comparison. 

Overall, Commodore's land is much greener (the number of floodplains alone), has a long river with lots of resources on it (including all the strategic ones), so that fewer construction troop turns are needed to connect cities and resources. The additional commerce also means a significant increase in GNP during the expansion phase. Everything was helped by the bronze find, the destruction of Dreylin by Tarkeel, my attack on Tarkeel and Bing's waiting until Commodore was ready to attack. OK, Bing's chances of winning were already almost non-existent due to the quality of his starting land (compared to Commodore's).

As mentioned in the general thread. Password ist 111.