As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PB77 - Bing Bong

Thread created.

Screenshot granted.
[Image: 2RJZPZ8.jpg]
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Do you still want me as a dedlurker, Bing? I can try and be on regularly to discuss things.

(April 19th, 2024, 13:39)greenline Wrote: Do you still want me as a dedlurker, Bing? I can try and be on regularly to discuss things.

Yeah, sure! I am on discord for the most part, but if you aren't here is good to. Thanks for the offer

I just rejoined the realms beyond discord.

Any plan you are aiming for with America? The UB is pretty flexible.

I didn't realise it was "flexible", so I was thinking Philosophical, maybe with Creative. What else could one do with it?

I was also very curious what the plan for America is. I also am on record that I believe it to be very flexible.

(April 20th, 2024, 21:09)BING_XI_LAO Wrote: I didn't realise it was "flexible", so I was thinking Philosophical, maybe with Creative. What else could one do with it?

The opportunity cost of building the library is not that high, and it lets you do a lot of early game GP tricks.

Consider that for a lot of civs in a lot of games, the first great person you get is going to be by building a library anyway in a high food city and then running two scientists. The only other useful way to get a great person early is through passive wonder GP generation, like a stonehenge prophet or the pyramids engineer. The American library is like a wonder you can put in any city, and you get to pick the great person that comes out. Want your first person to be a merchant? Build the library, let the GP bar fill almost all the way, then make sure it has a market ready for a merchant before it pops out. Or you can slot in a temple for a guaranteed prophet, or a forge for a guaranteed medieval engineer for whatever wonder you want. You can use philosophical to get that 'free' great person out faster, or creative so that a bunch of cities can get a lower cost GP out, but neither is necessary to use the library to enable these kinds of strategies. But it does take micro and having a good sense for what GP bulbs are useful, which I am not the best at.

I'm in the mood to play PHI-CRE anyway, even though it's not at all necessary for use of the library UB.
What happens if the bar fills up with no specific GP points?

(April 21st, 2024, 04:11)BING_XI_LAO Wrote: What happens if the bar fills up with no specific GP points?

You get a random GP.
fnord