As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

4 score, and 77pb years ago (superdeath)

(July 18th, 2024, 15:25)ljubljana Wrote: how goes it? :D

have we met any neighbors?

i think i agree about tech path.... i guess even on a water map, trireme on trireme warfare would be pretty pointlessly mutually destructive.... as long as nobody tries to drop of units with galleys, but really it's them that should be fearing us doing that (and then making suboptimal snowball choices to accommodate it), i guess

No neighbors met.

[Image: BiD4EQm.png]

[Image: j44Oodd.png] 

Rough layout
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

hahaha i am a big fan of "MOAILOL" nod i wonder if everyone has sites for it that are that ridiculous? i also wonder if we're supposed to run national epic there since the food surplus is so ridiculous.... but probably the capital is better so we aren't not working moai coast

is masonry a placeholder? or.... are we going for GLH mischief (oh wait i just remembered yall banned that)

interested to know what the rest of the tech tree looks like for us too, if you wouldn't mind smile

gem island, to me, looks a little bit like one of those juicy border spots that the players are intended to fight over.... i would not be surprised if contact is coming pretty soon in the north

where is cahokia settler going to go, do you think? looks like we have a number of really strong-looking candidates. dang, this sure looks like a good setup for PRO ICTR-powered REXing

Plan is to go for mass expand + hanging gardens. Hence the masonry. Settler is planned to go to the gems spot along with a worker. Using my rep/ur rep to cause fear.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

oh, Cahokia's settler is probably going to MOAILOL unless you have a better spot for him. We have another settler/worker in the capital that will be the gem city.
-Old Harry. PB48.

love the HG plan, if we can swing it.... but with IND De Gaulle in the game that's a big if. i don't know if they're going to rush it or not, but with the other power wonders mostly banned, they probably should.... i imagine we have the capability of beating them to math with our juiced PRO start, but i think we need a plan to rush it when we get the tech. something like triple-whip the aqueduct with overflow the turn after we get math, then time 6 chops to complete on the next turn for HG.... the only spot i see that is almost capable of that is cahokia, and i'm not sure it hits 100 culture in time (plus 6 chops won't be enough even with overflow if of them are third-ring...) i suppose if you move gem city 1SW that could do it, and speed you to the tech by working a gem tile, but it could be exposed to opponents and wouldn't have the snowball oomph of MOAILOL, and i hate the idea of settling on a gem.... MOAILOL definitely seems like the best snowball spot, esp with all the work boats already nearby (and ofc the earlier we can start the whip something -> overflow into moai cycle, the better)

if we are going for HG, probably what i would do is pick out the city and the forests now and put "DO NOT CHOP" pins on all of them.... but most likely you are less forgetful than i am (which is very forgetful lol). or we can keep funneling chops into expansion and be content with failgold-into-currency-tech if it comes to that.... but everyone here seems to value HG really highly (and rightly so i think) so i'd be surprised if we can land it without either a significant tech lead or a lot of chopping

as for masonry, it's only required for HG because of hooking up the stone, right? if so maybe we should get math close to completion first, and only get masonry on the turn we want to start the stone quarry / settle on stone. that way if someone snipes HG early we might be able to avoid researching it

lol, do i have a rep now? mischief

Masonry is also needed for the aqueduct.
-Old Harry. PB48.

met Cairo via workboat.
-Old Harry. PB48.

oooo in the north? any sign of their territory?

Via north yep. Nope, they met us with a scouting workboat. Im still gunning for the gems spot with a worker/settler pair. Galley will try and spot his coast, if its close im chopping an archer.
-Old Harry. PB48.

hello how is superdeathing

has anyone super-died yet :D