As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PB75: Superdeath forced to play

I mean you were in a good position for a long time. I considered you a leading contender and I just finished Naufs thread so I know he did too. You've done plenty good work piling onto leaders and this time you were doing well enough to be piled onto.

Also fair, just slightly salty that no one other than me wanted to do anything against you. tongue
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Civac tried and Nauf was involved in the 3v1 war a little. Lljub had the problem of for a while needing my protection against Civac. Even after it was clear Civac was going to fight me he was hopelessly behind in tech so it made sense to try to get factories and infantry to fight tanks vs rifles/cav. I did have to devote half my military to that border anyways to keep him honest.

even before the nuke-fallout war. I was trying to get people to recognize you were ahead. And ahead by alot. Zulu put themselves in a position that they had to trust that Civac wasnt Ginger, and just COULDNT. Nauf had a hate-boner for any friendly relations between us, and Gavagai-scooter werent going to be satisfied with a fair border.

You got a rediculous amount of luck thrown your way. Now, you can say the same for me with ricky, but if he had been almost anyone else im sure the game would have went far different. Alot of good a shitload of cities gets you when you dont get 10t to swap off of military builds.

No one other than myself apparently thought the guy getting nearly every wonder, tucked away between a dying civ, and a newer passive player, was going to be a threat apparently.

im just so happy that this pb is over. Between getting no help vs you for the longest time (and then still basically no help) to getting nuked because nukes are op, and thinking you were out of vision because airships have a stupidly long range. Its all beyond aggravating. Grats on your win.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

(October 13th, 2024, 03:05)superdeath Wrote: No one other than myself apparently thought the guy getting nearly every wonder, tucked away between a dying civ, and a newer passive player, was going to be a threat apparently.

Again, did you SEE my food graph. Even my gnp graph culturally inflated was absolute garbage for a long time. You were looking much stronger for a long time and most people thought Ginger had the game on lock after he got the monk wonders, taj, and conquered Dreylin giving him all he food land that wasn't yours. Point being its pretty reasonable people didn't see me as a threat when there were other scarier threats for a long time. I basically lived the dream of most last place in food civ early. "What if everyone fights a lot and eventually drags themselves down while I just sit here".