As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Renaissance (Wo)Man

Politically correct title for Yet Another Dumb Variant Idea. A Jack-of-all-trades character, who naturally masters none.

You can equip only one skill per attribute line. So a monk bar would have one healing, one protection, one smiting, and one divine favor skill.

One non-attribute skill is allowed... res signet counts here.

PvE skills are banned. Option: they count as your one non-attribute skill. Blessings and mimicing blessings aren't allowed since they fill your skill bar.

Version A- all your attributes must be at the same level as each other, after rune bonuses.
Version B- all your primary class attributes must be the same level as each other. All your secondary class attributes must be the same level as each other. Signet of Illusions is banned
Option- exempt primary attributes (strength, energy storage etc.) from these restrictions. Or maybe just for the five-attribute classes (elementalist and warrior)

Version C- any attribute distribution you like, but you can't have more than 6 (or 7?) in any attribute.

This should lead to some really wacky builds...

Monk
RoF, WoH, Smite Condition, Inspired Hex, Divine Intervention, Purge Signet, Distortion, Hex Breaker

8 skills, 7 attributes at 7.

Paragon/Warrior
Vicious Attack, "Go for the Eyes!", Anthem of Flame, Signet of Synergy, "Watch Yourself!", "Coward!", "I Will Avenge You!"

7 skills, 5 attributes (can't pump strength, unfortunately) at 9.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
I live my life by Murphy's Law.

What if a Ranger or Ranger secondary brings a pet? Then charm animal is on the bar, but there's no way to rez it?
If you believe everything you read, better not read.

R/Rt

Distracting Shot/IAS/Def/Run
Barrage (E)
Splinter Weapon
Sundering Weapon
Mending Grip
Viper's Nest
Poison Tip Signet/Troll Unguent
Res Sig

All primary attributes at 8, Secondary at 7...or can easily bring everything down to 7.

Alternatively take out mending grip and use Flesh of my Flesh as a hard res and keep res sig for quick res in battle or use PvE skill if allowed...or could stick in storms embrace, dual shot, antidote sig, or called shot.

A strange E/Me

Flare
Arc Lightning
Energy Burn
Ward (whichever from the earth line)
Deep Freeze
Glyph of Elemental Power
Channeling (if all attributes including ES must be equal)
Master of Magic

All Ele attributes at 8 (with runes, including ES) and all mes at 6...again, easy to get them all to 7 if need be.

If ES can be pumped up then put ES at 10 and replace channeling with something like drain enchantment or arcane echo if you want to echo something like burn.

Just have fun spamming flare. thumbsup
If you believe everything you read, better not read.