As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

The Variant Revolver

Had an idea I thought I'd throw out to see if it garners any interest. We seem to have issues with people committing to a long-term weekly variant, so why not try something a bit more simple? We can get a group of people together, either ad-hoc or pre-plan a few days/week in advance and have a throw of the dice (literal or otherwise) to pick a variant and chunk of the game to get through. It doesn't have to be a dungeon or a hard mode mission or anything, heck it could wind up being Charr-barrs (I know Hawk wrote it up as Charrmen of the Board, I just thought I'd share that one with you guys) through Istan missions or nudist rules through Echovald Forest. Basically something that won't need too much pre-planning work and won't require a long term investment.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
I live my life by Murphy's Law.

Better restrict the pool of variant candidates to hero-able ones wink.

Else, it looks like a great idea!
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star." Kong Fuzi
My English has to improve. A lot.

Didn't I suggest this idea to no fanfare? I'm not sure who cares about something that isn't nudists really...

Well you can count me in anyway.

I tried doing some NM EotN with a henchmen bar and 7 henchmen, and it really wasn't all that difficult. Attempting the same in hard mode could prove more interesting. Right now kindof in favor of variants with set bars or very limited skill choices (like starter-only, or sealed deck), don't have to waste time optomizing and arguing builds then, you just gotta use good tactics...

I was kinda hoping we could finish off nudist prophecies once things start to swing back into gear in Sept. smile

Starting in Sept I might have a bit more time depending on how demanding my classes are.

So I might be up for anything.
If you believe everything you read, better not read.

FoxBat Wrote:Didn't I suggest this idea to no fanfare?
Probably; but you know how things go, sometimes you have to throw an idea out there several times before it gets enough interest.

Quote:I'm not sure who cares about something that isn't nudists really...
Well, I'm partly suggesting this because a) nudists is something we'll probably still be working on until GW2 comes out, b) I find that more and more I'm losing interest in the game so I'm hoping this might give me something to do.

Quote:Right now kindof in favor of variants with set bars or very limited skill choices (like starter-only, or sealed deck), don't have to waste time optomizing and arguing builds then, you just gotta use good tactics...
Agreed. I wouldn't mind trying out SD stuff as well. Do you know of a good generator? I think I remember seeing one on the kisu forums, but I'm sure there are plenty out there.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
I live my life by Murphy's Law.

The Spearmen and Servants of Fortuna have generators as well. The one of SoF is the most customizable from what I can see, give them a look. I'm interested if we can put together a team!
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star." Kong Fuzi
My English has to improve. A lot.

I'd be up for it, too - although it would be nice to finish off Nudists... banghead

Now that I'm back in town, I'll be regularly available Tuesday, Friday and Saturday evenings.

I'm up for variants other than nudists as well, if we can come to a consensus on one. Probably Courin would be willing to participate as well, depending on availability.

The stickler for nudists is party size... so why don't we get some other variant(s) rolling for now, and if we have enough people on a given night, we can do a nudist mission instead?