I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Master of Orion 1 unofficial patch

Was running the game through DOSBox (SVN-Daum build from Jan 27 using dynamic core), the crash happened immediately after my missile base destroyed an enemy ship. Especially weird since that happens many many times throughout the course of a typical game, and I hadn't had any other crashes.
It was a small galaxy on Impossible, I was playing as the Psilons.

(August 25th, 2014, 01:18)Ianus Wrote:
(August 24th, 2014, 21:44)Dwedit Wrote: I got a crash in the middle of a battle. Mouse still moved though, but the battle was frozen. Then I went to "Continue Game", but the last autosave was on the very first turn.

If you are using 1.40m that is normal (the autosave not the crash). You have to replace SAVE7.GAM with the latest autosave file (SAVE150.GAM for example) by copying that file, changing its name to SAVE7.GAM and then replacing the existing SAVE7 file. The autosave only updates when you quit the game to the main menu in 1.40m.
An interesting crash. Was anything else happening with your computer at that time? Any other game bugs?

I've experienced that crash once as well. The game didn't seem to quite freeze, but I couldn't do anything in battle. None of the buttons work, nor keyboard shortcuts. Can't remember the situation that led up to crash though.
Dominus Galaxia, a Master of Orion inspired game I'm working on.

(May 30th, 2014, 14:36)Ianus Wrote: Is this the place for bug reports? I am going to assume that it is and proceed accordingly.

In my last game I noticed a bug with the Lightning Shield special. When equipped on enemy AI ships attacking my colonies the shield blocked 100% of missiles fired from my missile bases 100% of the time when I fired them manually. Turn after turn my missiles did no damage to the attackers. But when I turned on Auto combat the ships suddenly began taking damage from my missiles. I can't remember what missile tech I had but it was at least Stingers. Whichever it was I know that the missiles were capable of destroying ships, just not when fired manually. Has anyone else observed this or know what causes it?

Really late reply, but when you manually fire missiles, you select between scatter pack and regular missiles, while the auto function will automatically pick the better choice depending on enemy shields.

(August 26th, 2014, 00:03)Dwedit Wrote: Really late reply, but when you manually fire missiles, you select between scatter pack and regular missiles, while the auto function will automatically pick the better choice depending on enemy shields.

I would like to think that I thought of that and tried firing both missile types, but that does seem like a plausible answer. I wish I could remember more about what my missile situation was... I can see that I need to collect more detailed data for these types of reports.

I have not found (as yet) any way to submit a bug report - so I came here because the forum would not allow me to start a new thread.

I am playing the game with 1.40m and n patches installed. When I create a new ship and hit the 'create' button it goes back to the game WITHOUT creating the new design when ever there are already 6 designs in use. I have to go to fleets and manually delete a design before I can create a new one.

Very nice work from what I can see so far. smile

This might be hopeless but I am very curious on how I could achieve this feature from the patch separately with version 1.3:

Quote:the game autosaves every turn in save9.gam (for the purpose of bug reports)

I am working on a project with MOO and this feature would be very handy to be able to implement. Does someone know the mechanism that is used to achieve it?

Im confused what is listed on the first post is ALL CHANGES in regards to 1.3?

Where is the download link to this, patch from the first page (140m) it seems to be dead
Thanks

I found another link
http://www.patches-scrolls.com/dl.php?fi...h_140m.zip

A few things that should be added for MOO1 in a patch or mod:

1. If you agree to a peace treaty, your diplomatic treaty stance will be Peace Treaty with the race. The Peace Treaty will last 10 turns before reverting to no treaty. During this time, it is forbidden to launch a direct attack on the race you've made peace with. A peace treaty cannot be broken like any other treaty, instead it is violated by attacking that race. Violating it will not only result in War, but also mean a permanent diplomatic penalty similar to other broken treaties. Rival emperors will remember broken peace treaties along with other treaties during negotiations and may even end up never wanting to make peace with you again if you consistently break peace treaties.

2. Use of biological weapons on a race you are already at war with will worsen relations with that race, up to the -100 mark.

3. If a diplomatic assassination attempt event occurs between you and race you are already at war with, that said race will have relations drop to -100 and not want to grant an audience with you for a while.

4. Eliminated races will now appear on the races screen with their portrait but with the words "Wiped Out" on that portrait. The diplomatic stances and relations and spies setting still go away and audiences and reports cannot be used on a defeated race. Previously, they no longer appear on the race screen.

(January 27th, 2016, 22:23)Thomasagray Wrote: A few things that should be added for MOO1 in a patch or mod:

1. If you agree to a peace treaty, your diplomatic treaty stance will be Peace Treaty with the race. The Peace Treaty will last 10 turns before reverting to no treaty. During this time, it is forbidden to launch a direct attack on the race you've made peace with. A peace treaty cannot be broken like any other treaty, instead it is violated by attacking that race. Violating it will not only result in War, but also mean a permanent diplomatic penalty similar to other broken treaties. Rival emperors will remember broken peace treaties along with other treaties during negotiations and may even end up never wanting to make peace with you again if you consistently break peace treaties.
I assume that you mean that this should be a larger part of the gameplay. Races already remember broken treaties (trade agreements etc) but it seems to have a much smaller effect on non-Honorable races. An Honorable race will remember slights for EVER!

Quote:2. Use of biological weapons on a race you are already at war with will worsen relations with that race.
Other than the fact that relations during wartime are already as bad as they can be this already happens. In fact if a race is ready to make peace (relations up to Discord or whatever) and then the player uses bioweapons relations will drop down to Hate again. Of course the reason most players here eschew bioweapons altogether is that the diplomatic penalties associated with them are ALREADY so severe that they just aren't worth it in most situations.

Quote:3. If a diplomatic assassination attempt event occurs between you and race you are already at war with, that said race will have relations drop to -100 and not want to grant an audience with you for a while.
I'm not sure that the assassination event CAN happen with a race the player is already at war with. I think that I have seen it happen that way but not normally. I think that when it strikes the player it tends to target the AI race the player has the best relationship with. At least it SEEMS to happen that way. In any case the effect is basically what you describe.

Quote:4. Eliminated races will now appear on the races screen with their portrait but with the words "Wiped Out" on that portrait. The diplomatic stances and relations and spies setting still go away and audiences and reports cannot be used on a defeated race. Previously, they no longer appear on the race screen.
This is a fantastic idea and is much better than No Contact or Not Present that it currently does. I wonder how hard that would be to implement...