I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Master of Magic unofficial patch (latest version)

thx =) i might transfer my mod to the new version of your patch. what files got changed from m->n?
dance!

Just a quick note: I am out of connectivity for about 10 next days.

Thanks for all notes. For relevant bugs (corence et al.), please add a savegame before the occurence, if possible.
I'll give you a screenshot of what arcane problem means. If you want to replicate it on your own, try starting a game with 10-book wizard repeatedly and look at the research screen. You'll notice unnaturally high % of arcane spells.

I was offline for 10 days until 2 days ago... Are you going to medidate, by any chance, like I did (or, well, tried)? smile
Have fun and relax!

Cheers,

kyrub Wrote:Just a quick note: I am out of connectivity for about 10 next days.

Thanks for all notes. For relevant bugs (corence et al.), please add a savegame before the occurence, if possible.
I'll give you a screenshot of what arcane problem means. If you want to replicate it on your own, try starting a game with 10-book wizard repeatedly and look at the research screen. You'll notice unnaturally high % of arcane spells.

kyrub Wrote:Just a quick note: I am out of connectivity for about 10 next days.
Enjoy your holidays. thumbsup

I'll post the reports in few days. smile
Only the people crazy enough to think they can change the world of Arcanus and Myrror can do it. rolleye

You can also add 'changed filenames to proper casing, for non-windows users' to the changelog.

Thanks! Now I don't have to rename all your files to use on linux wink

Keep up the great work. If you know someone who can teach me how to do this kind of thing, I will help too. In fact I will do it even if your project ends.

About me: expert-level systems/network administrator
Programming? More like scripting: BASH, Batch Files, Perl, Python, Awk/Sed.

However I have had enormous interest in this game since it first came out and will likely always continue to play it, and have the desire to fix its bugs.

Quote:- items received from lairs should now be weighed correctly (weak from weak, strong from strong)

- Torin and Alorra won't have arcane power, useless to them

A couple of questions on some older bug fixes:

Strong lairs tend to return multiple weak items, instead of a single strong one. Is this intentional?

Is the Arcane Power fix specific to Torin and Alorra, or will it affect any hero with a mage pick and no magic ranged attack to use it with?

Dunhere Wrote:Strong lairs tend to return multiple weak items, instead of a single strong one. Is this intentional?
I did no change I am aware of. So, that should be a 1.31 tendency, if it exists really, maybe it is now more evident since the lairs are stronger in average (and the nodes can be made much stronger with initial "magic power" setting).

Quote:Is the Arcane Power fix specific to Torin and Alorra, or will it affect any hero with a mage pick and no magic ranged attack to use it with?
Specific, if I remember.

Could these be changed? The lair loot is particularly frustrating when the reward for clearing a nest of wurms is three +1/+1 swords or some such. The mage fix will only matter in the case of modded heroes, but would open up some potential for hybrid heroes.

Dunhere Wrote:Is the Arcane Power fix specific to Torin and Alorra, or will it affect any hero with a mage pick and no magic ranged attack to use it with?

Is specific for them, since no other hero unable to shoot has a random skill pick, so those two are the only needing the fix. smile
Only the people crazy enough to think they can change the world of Arcanus and Myrror can do it. rolleye

Hello,
Thanks for the patch, i've been replaying several games of MoM recently and enjoyed it with the fixes.

I rarely play with the death magic, but my last game was with it, i remember in the past the Subversion spell seemed to be simply not working at all.
But reading in the patch changes :
Quote:Diplomacy should no more be broken (+ anything involved, Charismatic trait, Subversion, Aura of Majesty). Note: I tried to make the diplomatic activity as troublesome as possible to maintain the continuity with the original. Still, your diplomatic actions now matter!
Got me rather enthousiast in trying Subversion on those pesky enemy wizards that were way too friendly to each other and rather hating me for no reason (it's not because my spells are all about killing you that i'm that nasty as a wizard, i just wanted you all guys to be all happy in final peace :D ) .

And after using the spell several time i saw no change in their relationship, in fact after a few turns, all i saw was them all declaring war on me and relentlessly invading my island until there was nothing left for their large joint assault to crush.

In fact it looks like Subversion is always having no effect on the diplomacy like it was before the unofficial patch, unless there's something else playing that i didn't noticed.