I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Master of Magic unofficial patch (latest version)

(August 5th, 2013, 19:21)n4th4nr1ch Wrote: 3. What do you mean by documentation save? I don't understand this last part.

A save that prepares the situation where the bug can be observed. So that I can:
- see exactly how it happens
- search it in the code
- repair and test it immediately on that save

Having a save usually helps my time consummation. I don't play the game anymore so I have not a ton of normal saves ready. So I prefere a save even if the situation is simple and occurs frequently.

Example: The bug is "Guardian wind effect is not dispelled in combat". I need a save where you are about to enter a battle with enemy unit having a GW cast on it. That is not simple to occur.

But, maybe, the save is not always necessary, so I will ask for it when I need it.

Great. I can get saves when you need them. In the meantime, can you PM me your gmail account? I have a list going already.

I am impressed by your table and your structurations of thoughts. I appreciate the AI notes as well. Neat, really nice.
Two notes:
- don't expect me to fix it soon. No time currently on my hands and who knows when that will be. On the other hand, having such a table means that I will come back to it and do something about.
- you should find some process to invite others who want to discuss remaining problems in the game, to the docs.

(August 6th, 2013, 03:58)n4th4nr1ch Wrote: Great. I can get saves when you need them. In the meantime, can you PM me your gmail account? I have a list going already.

I strongly support this idea. In the event you need any help finding bugs, perhaps this would be useful: http://masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/inde...%2C46%2C47

Incidentally, how are you approaching some things that may be oversights rather than bugs? For example: Orc Cavalry don't have First Strike, but cost the same as all other Cavalry, or Orc Shamans cost more production and upkeep but have literally no advantages at all?

I am not addressing balance issues in my document mainly because that's a can of worms that can lead all the way to a new game. We all know that races like Klackon and several others are total garbage, but I'm just focusing on actual bugs and a few things about gameplay that are just annoying.

(August 8th, 2013, 01:46)n4th4nr1ch Wrote: I am not addressing balance issues in my document mainly because that's a can of worms that can lead all the way to a new game. We all know that races like Klackon and several others are total garbage, but I'm just focusing on actual bugs and a few things about gameplay that are just annoying.

True, but in all honesty I believe Orc Cavalry not having first strike isn't so much a (questionable) balance decision and more likely to be a bug caused by a programming oversight (ie, someone forgot to tick the 'give this unit first strike' box). Every other race's 'conventional' cavalry unit has first strike (not to mention almost every non-hero horse-mounted melee unit), there's nothing in the manual or tooltips to suggest a reason why Orc cavalry don't, and they're in every other way identical to the baseline template (in fact, having baseline template troops and cities is one of the only Orc racial 'features').

But then, I've worked on a bugfix mod for another game before, so I know how challenging it can be to sort out what was 'intended' and what wasn't.

(August 7th, 2013, 16:01)kyrub Wrote: I am impressed by your table and your structurations of thoughts. I appreciate the AI notes as well. Neat, really nice.
Two notes:
- don't expect me to fix it soon. No time currently on my hands and who knows when that will be. On the other hand, having such a table means that I will come back to it and do something about.
- you should find some process to invite others who want to discuss remaining problems in the game, to the docs.

(August 6th, 2013, 03:58)n4th4nr1ch Wrote: Great. I can get saves when you need them. In the meantime, can you PM me your gmail account? I have a list going already.

Can we see this list as well? mischief
--I like ILSe

(August 9th, 2013, 07:50)I like Serena Wrote: Can we see this list as well? mischief

I told Nathan to make it public or semi-public and I hope he opens a way for it. Without a discussion, the list is useless.

How do i download this patch? I get a "thread does not exist".

(September 30th, 2013, 05:53)Voight-Kampff Wrote: How do i download this patch? I get a "thread does not exist".

It appears the attachments on this forum have been discarded.
Until kyrub gives us a new spot for his patch, I've put Insecticide 1.40n here.
--I like ILSe