For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Master of Magic unofficial patch (latest version)

So tactical combat is gone? Or just in some instances?

A neutral Fire Giant came for my city and combat just "auto-resolved". So I reloaded, intercepted the Fire Giant this time, and once again combat "auto-resolved". What's the deal?

"strategic combat only" is a default setting in 1.40j, so try going to game, settings and unclicking the box. Enjoy! Try to share a continent with 11-book sorcery wizard for extra fun

Cool, thanks for the heads up.

I may have to bump it back down to normal while I get the hang of this new patch. Looks to be awesome.

First of all, great work on the patch! I don't know what is motivating you to do this, but I certainly appreciate it.

I think I've discovered two minor bugs and a major bug:

In separate battles, I cast flight on a unit of paladins and guardian wind on a warship. In both cases, the AI wizard (Jafar) cast dispel magic true (possibly dispel magic) successfully, but the spell remained in effect, even after combat ended.

I attacked a single trireme which appeared to be carrying a full stack of units with a warship in an ocean square. I don't know if the trireme was accompanied by a floating island to allow this to happen (Jafar was sending floating islands my way occasionally). When we entered combat, the entire stack appeared, not just the trireme.

Finally, your patch HATES my flying warships (warships with flight, not airships)! I had a flying warship conquer a node and the game crashed the next turn, when it was joined by a second flying warship. The second crash happened after a flying warship conquered a cave, as soon as the "You Are Victorious" scroll appeared.

Just so you know, this is not me complaining. I'm completely overjoyed that someone is devoting time and energy to perfecting this amazing game! I wish there was a way I could help beyond reporting bugs.

BiranSeraps Wrote:Finally, your patch HATES my flying warships (warships with flight, not airships)! I had a flying warship conquer a node and the game crashed the next turn, when it was joined by a second flying warship. The second crash happened after a flying warship conquered a cave, as soon as the "You Are Victorious" scroll appeared.

Just so you know, this is not me complaining. I'm completely overjoyed that someone is devoting time and energy to perfecting this amazing game! I wish there was a way I could help beyond reporting bugs.

Do you happen to have a save game before the crash?
--I like ILSe

I like Serena Wrote:Do you happen to have a save game before the crash?

I do.
[ATTACH]1673[/ATTACH]

That should be it. Save9.Gam is the continue / auto save, right?

BiranSeraps Wrote:That should be it. Save9.Gam is the continue / auto save, right?

Yep. save9.gam is the continue/autosave.
I've loaded your game into 1.40j and could conquer a cave with a flying warship successfully. The next turn I conquered a sorcery node successfully.
However, no crash!
Can you reproduce the crash?
How does the crash occur anyway? Does DOSBox hang, or does MoM crash to the command prompt?
--I like ILSe

Try casting flight on the other warship and see what happens when they join up.

Could it be how I have my DosBox set up? I've completed five or six games of MoM 1.31.

BiranSeraps Wrote:Try casting flight on the other warship and see what happens when they join up.

Could it be how I have my DosBox set up? I've completed five or six games of MoM 1.31.

Nope. I cast flight on the other warship, teamed them up and conquered the sorcery node and the next turn the cave. Still no crash.
I'm using DOSBox 0.73. Which version are you using?
I think there was an issue with DOSBox 0.72.

What do you mean that you completed games with MoM 1.31?
Are you playing with 1.31? Or with Insecticide 1.40j?
--I like ILSe

I like Serena Wrote:I'm using DOSBox 0.73. Which version are you using?
I think there was an issue with DOSBox 0.72.

What do you mean that you completed games with MoM 1.31?
Are you playing with 1.31? Or with Insecticide 1.40j?

Using DOSBox 0.74. The crashing has stopped, but I think it may be due to the fact that I had applied the 1.40j patch to whatever version I have on the old CD, not the 1.31 patch.

So the crash is gone, but there is a problem with Disenchant True. On occasion, when the enemy wizard dispels an enchantment cast during combat, the enchantment appears to remain in effect, and actually remains with the unit after combat.

I've noticed that a unit listed as "de error" is appearing along the build options list in my capital city. I'm attaching a save file -- just take a look at my capital city.

[ATTACH]1674[/ATTACH]