For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Master of Magic unofficial patch (latest version)

Never seen anything like it, not in 1.31 nor in 1.40n. Perhaps it was accidentally introduced in a mod?
For instance a map that has been edited could cause it, if it allows ships to sail into a city.
--I like ILSe

(September 30th, 2015, 15:53)I like Serena Wrote: Never seen anything like it, not in 1.31 nor in 1.40n. Perhaps it was accidentally introduced in a mod?
For instance a map that has been edited could cause it, if it allows ships to sail into a city.

I've actually had one of my ships move onto land today, see the waterwalking thread. I attached the save file for both bugs.

I see ships on a land, but on a tundra squares only. Its knowing bug. If mod cause such problem, it may be symptom of memory corruption.

(October 6th, 2015, 02:48)Asfex Wrote: I see ships on a land, but on a tundra squares only. Its knowing bug. If mod cause such problem, it may be symptom of memory corruption.

It was caused by a Magic Spirit standing on the land square. When the spirit wasn't there, the ship didn't move to the land.

Autosave bug: autosave happens before movement upkeep, so, units lose the one move compare with others.
whereas enemy units moves.
Also, cities with complete build order turns to make housing.
This happens every time, but no one mention it.

(October 10th, 2015, 02:37)Asfex Wrote: Autosave bug: autosave happens before movement upkeep, so, units lose the one move compare with others.
whereas enemy units moves.
Also, cities with complete build order turns to make housing.
This happens every time, but no one mention it.

On top of this, spellcasting progresses but does not complete, I have had spells still being cast with 0 cost remaining.

Autosave is called from $95A33 somewhere in the middle of the end turn process which is wrong.
It actually should be called either at the very beginning or the end of "End_Turn_Pressed" at $46209.
Problem is, I don't think I can move far calls, last time I tried adding one to a new location, it didn't work at all.
Making a few bytes of space to make a call seems possible at the end of the procedure, but it would also require moving two other far calls.
If anyone has experience with moving around far calls, please do it and I'll include it in "raid" as well as my mod.

Is this patch still being worked on?

Using 1.4n i've noticed the following :

-AIs always get pissed at you even if they have a peaceful personality, you share the same spellbooks, you are not being aggressive towards them and you are not winning. E.G. I helped Ariel to fight off an aggressive AI and right after she declares war on me.

-When defending one of my cities with heavenly light, i cannot cast mass healing in combat because "that enchantment is already in effect". See what happens when the AI attack Asengard in this save game.

-The extra 3 hits from lionheart do not appear in the unit info window (the one where you right click on units). They appear to be present as they show up when you mouse over the unit in combat, but they are just not visible in the unit info window. Edit : I think they only appear if you save and reload after casting it.

-The +1 to hit bonus from holy weapon does not show up in unit info windows.

-The true light icon for heavenly light does not appear in combat.

-If disenchant area is cast during combat with a city with heavenly light, it is possible to dispel both true light and heavenly light even if only heavenly light is in effect.

-After banishing a wizard, all of his overland enchantments still remain in effect. I think they are supposed to be automatically dispelled?

-The effect from Holy Arms does not show up in unit info windows on the overland map but will show up in combat. (there is no holy weapon or holy arms icon there).

-Using spell binding to take control of an enemy casted great wasting will still cause tiles around your city to get corrupted.

-There is no popup telling you how long it takes to purify a tile even though there is one for building roads.

-The damage from star fires is extremely buggy, most of the time it fails to do any damage whatsoever even to low level units like skeletons and zombies and it almost never kills off more than 1 figure. It's nowhere near as powerful as an actual strength 15 attack. For that matter, units like air ships, catapaaults and steam canons seem to only be capable of killing a maximum of 1 figure at a time no matter how many buffs they have...do they have some kind of code restricting them to a max of 1 figure killed?

-Some of the tooltips and descriptions don't appear to be correct, the endurance one doesn't mention that it buffs engineer construction for some reason. The arms master skill doesn't mention that it doesn't affect heroes either. The forester guild says it increases the forest tile bonus by 25% but it seems to be more like a flat 25% for the whole city instead (as 25% of the 3% forest bonus is less than 1%).

Auto combat issues :

-If a city gate is being blocked by a flying unit and the attacking AI does not have any units that can attack it, auto combat will get stuck. The AI will not retreat and your AI controlled units will not advance out of the city to attack either. The same thing also happens if the AI's attacking steam canons run out of ammo, both sides will get stuck.

-Spellcasting heroes with access to the earth to mud spell will spam it non stop on the same tile even though stacking it has no purpose.

-Spellcasting heroes will cast spells like true light as long as you have at least one valid creature that can be buffed by it (this includes Torin), even if the enemy force would also benefit from it.

-Spellcasting heroes have a tedency to spam spells even if attacking directly would be faster (such as when fighting a lone engineer).

Most of these can be replicated with the attached save.

Attached Files
.gam   SAVE1.GAM (Size: 120.41 KB / Downloads: 0)

I've got another save here, the AI has this weird tedency to leave huge stacks of units just sitting around for some reason. For example right now he has one huge stack outside of my city (Fire Keep) but he refuses to do anything wtih it.

Attached Files
.gam   SAVE1.GAM (Size: 120.41 KB / Downloads: 0)

A general remark about the displayed to-hit bonus: it only shows the to-hit bonus as far as that always applies.
If there are conditions, those are not included.

Every now and then, when the mood hits him, Kyrub still develops his patch.

As an anecdote, once upon a time, a long long time ago, Kyrub gave up and decided never to develop his stuff again.
That's when he published the stuff he had.
... and that's when I was amazed and impressed at what he had there, and that's when I developed the Tweaker, based on what Kyrub had published.
After that, and with some community activity, Kyrub started developing his patch again. smile
--I like ILSe

"E.G. I helped Ariel to fight off an aggressive AI and right after she declares war on me."

Banishing or defeating a wizard counts as a negative action towards everyone elser.
I modded it but considering what's official, this is correct (albeit stupid) behavior.