I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Master of Magic unofficial patch (latest version)

Seconded. Having played pre-patch and post, it's much more fun with the patch.

A new version, 1.40k, in usual place. Long overdue, I am afraid.

Relatively minor update (I really have no time for more than that), with the biggest fish being the annonying DISPEL bug. The combat AI dispel should no more make the enchantments permanent for overland game. AI dispelling should work properly, making it a bigger threat (hopefully) to the player.

I have tried to fix two other issues, cesium's combat crash and Deathbringer thing. Strangely, both bugs exist in vanilla. I could not identify the source of Deathbringer bug, it's a bit mind-boggling. "E1" error is connected to some graphic output overflow, 0xD82BF is the error cry (if anyone, ILSe or Asfex, can help me here, please do, graphics are my weak point).

Hope that helps to make MoM more enjoyable.

kyrub Wrote:A new version, 1.40k, in usual place
I have tried to fix two other issues, cesium's combat crash and Deathbringer thing. Strangely, both bugs exist in vanilla. I could not identify the source of Deathbringer bug, it's a bit mind-boggling. "E1" error is connected to some graphic output overflow, 0xD82BF is the error cry (if anyone, ILSe or Asfex, can help me here, please do, graphics are my weak point).
About deathbringer: Shuri have damage equal its life,like after recall hero on it.So there is no mystic.
Your wrack bugfix cause sometimes :''all units ummobilized,no button (flee,spell,done)work,except autocombat''.i post solution on bug-j thread.
Please,restore the trireme capacity,wind mastery,and finish related.
Also,armmaster can give experience to undeads-its a feature,not a bag.Do not make game rounder!

About E1 error:there is no memory corruption.so,just increase the sprite's limit at D82B7 and memory allocation at F2B29 (rate 1Eh/10h).

I noticed that Jaer with his inbuilt missle immunity and the guardian wind spell still takes a LOT of damage from steam canons and stone giants. Is this a bug?

Also does this patch work with the one that expands help text?

That one's not a bug (unless you consider it a bug in the original), big rocks have never been stopped by missile immunity. Yes, Insecticide works fine with Plight.

Weird, the expanded help text says that guardian wind stops rocks...

There are mistakes here and there in Plight. Maybe it refers to bullets (slingers), who are different from rocks and are indeed stopped. Don't remember if the graphics are different, though.

Is it possible to fix auto combat?

If you have caster heroes and opt to use auto combat, they will always try to cast something like counter magic....even when fighting against wandering monsters.

Do you mean "Auto" combat during the classical combat (e.g. not the "Strategic combat" option, which resolves the fights from overland), don't you?

Certainly possible to forbid casting totally for Auto. If more MoM players agree, I have no problem with it. (I never use the fonction so I am rather neutral to the problem.)

Opinions?