For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Master of Magic unofficial patch (latest version)

It seems I have uploaded a bad version. It crashes at Huge land creation. My apologies!

A new, corrected 1.40 ll version, have been uploaded on the usual place. - Any feedback is welcome.

I think you (author of this great mod) should use cheats to find and eliminate more bugs. I don't know how you do your bug fixes, so I don't even know what types of bugs you are capable of fixing, but there are still bugs in negotiations.

I was trying to get as much spells as possible using every cheat possible except editing the spellbook in hex editor. I gave other wizards my book and myself their books, so that exchange could take place. I froze my money to bribe them into good relations, so they were willing to exchange spells. But always after some time of such extensive exchanges the game hangs.

I think extensive cheating is very good way to find bugs (not only negotiation-ones). smile

A new version, Insecticide 1.40m. Very important fixes, AI aggressive in combat (finally), AI units attack twice, no War bears spam.

We have surpassed 200 changes in the Insecticide project, some of them being very complex rebuild of routines. Enjoy! toast

Version 1.40m
------------------------

- [bug] AI will now always attack agressively
- [bug] AI units now always attack twice, if possible
- [bug] Extreme and Hard difficulties now have correct opponent's number of picks (13 for Hard, 15 for Extreme)

-AI: better summoning
- AI will not hesitate with settling nodes with Spirit
- AI heroes are preserved in AI-AI combat, and they will be resurrected
- AI creating items have been postponed to the later stages of the game

200+ changes is one heck of a milestone. Congratulations, and thanks for all your hard work!

It is noticable that + to hit on heroes equipment doesnt seem to add to the new to hit display.

Yes. That is the way the game itself (internally) tracks the to-hit bonus. That is because the items bonuses do not apply 100% of the time. To hit on a bow will only add to the ranged attack, axes will add to the close range and to the melee attack, while swords will improve only the melee. No item can improve to hit for breath etc.

As you see, adding items bonus in the display is somewhat misleading.

Does that also apply to the +1 to hit bonus for magic weapons? They only apply to melee attacks? (and possibly bow/sling/rock attacks - not sure?)

kyrub Wrote:-it is now impossible to get better hero by reloading before a summon
-it is now impossibe to get better reward from lair by reloading before the battle
Great patch(es), the game is certainly much more challenging now, even on normal difficulty. The two fixes mentioned above don't seem to work though. I'm still able to save on the last round bevore entering a lair or before summoning a hero, and receive different rewards and heroes when re-loading, each and every time.
Isn't a bad thing though, in my opinion, the game is already challenging enough as it is now, anyway.

Off-topic: isn't it possible to upload a custom avatar? Each time I tried uploading from my computer, with correct dimensions or below, in JPG or PNG, it says "invalid file".

kyrub Wrote:Yes. That is the way the game itself (internally) tracks the to-hit bonus. That is because the items bonuses do not apply 100% of the time. To hit on a bow will only add to the ranged attack, axes will add to the close range and to the melee attack, while swords will improve only the melee. No item can improve to hit for breath etc.

As you see, adding items bonus in the display is somewhat misleading.
Won't an amulet of +1 to hit improve fire breathing accuracy?

Amazeroth, it should definitely be possible. I'm not sure what causes the error, try asking in the Off Topic section.

I also noticed another bug with the latest patch being installed. When the spell Holy Word is cast by enemy wizard on an undead, regenerating unit (in my case black channeled War Trolls and Troll Shamans), the killed figures in an unit don't regenerate back to full unit during the battle, and after the battle is won the completely killed off regenerating units don't return as they actually should do. At least the damaged units are back to full health after the battle.
The bug I noticed seems to appear only after Holy Word is been cast, other Life Magic damaging spells don't cause it.