I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

PBEM11 Organizing Thread

I took about 15 seconds and played it this morning just to move it along before going into work. It should be with Luddite on turn 4.

yeah i got it and played my turn.

I've sent it to Adlain, but through the normal Email methods, as i don't know how to work Ruff's email tracker at all >< Can someone teach me? Sorry.

I'm going to second Amelia here; I've had a sudden glut of stuff to do, and have not had the time to figure out [SIZE="1"][or even look at][/SIZE] Ruff's program yet.
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller

Ruff_Hi Wrote:The other option is my pbem emailer program. It works for me perfectly.

In general I recommend checking the Ruff's link above. As a fast start you could do this:
* Download and install the program
* Click edit mode on in the right hand side of the window and go through all the buttons and put your settings in - e.g. email information, game information and player information
* Important! After all the settings are in push "Save XML Data" button
* In game info you define the folder where the saves are located, if you now click "Refresh the screen" button it will search latest save to be sended forward
* "Send selected emails" sends the emails. You should define it so that the next player will get the save and all the others GPS email

Here is how i set up the Tracker (With Pictures)

1) Load the installer and Click Next (didnt think this part needed a pic tongue)

[Image: 02Install.jpg]

1) Enter your Instalation Directory, I used "C:\Civ4PBEM_Emailer\" as ruff said in his thread that the program has trouble writing into the Program Files directory in windows Vista and above.

2) Click Next

[Image: 03Install.jpg]

1) Click Next to Start the intstallation

[Image: 04Setup.jpg]

1) Once the intstaller has finished, Open the Program up (icon on desktop or in start menu) and click the "Edit Mode" check box

[Image: 05Setup.jpg]

1) Click "Edit Data Location"

[Image: 06Setup.jpg]

1) Make sure this says where your installed the program

2) Click User Defined

3) Click ok. Program will Shut Down. Reload it

[Image: 07Setup.jpg]

1) Click the "Edit mode" box again to re-enter the edit Screen

2) Click "Edit SMTP Details"

[Image: 08Setup.jpg]

1) We are all using Gmail, so Just Enter your Email address here (i.e. i have [email protected]" Written here.

2) Enter your sccount password for Gmail here

3) Click ok.

[Image: 09Setup.jpg]

1) Click Edit Game/ Player

[Image: 10Setup.jpg]

1) Click "Add Game"

2) Click "Dummy Game1" to select it

3) Enter the name of our Game here (PBEM 11)

4) Enter the Location of the PBEM Save that you send along to the next player (for me its "C:\Users\Stuart\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Saves\pbem\RB PBEM 11")

5) Click the message option to allow custom messages

6) Click "Update Values" to save what you have done

[Image: 11Setup.jpg]

1) Click Add Player 5 or 6 Times (i Send a copy to myself as a test to make sure it works each time)

2) Click the First Players Entry (Dummy Player 1)

3) Enter the Name of a player here (i.e. Plako)

4) Enter that players Email address Here

5) Click this Box if this player is to be sent the save

6) Click this box if the player is to be sent the "GPS" Mail so they know when the save is handed over.

7) Click "Update Values" to save what you have done.

8) Do this for Each player.

[Image: 12Setup.jpg]

It should look somthing like this

1) Click ok/

[Image: 13Setup.jpg]

1) Click "Save XML Data" to save what you have done

[Image: 14Setup.jpg]

1) Click "Save XML Data" again if still showing as clickable

2) Click "Refresh Screen" if nothing shows up on the Left of the screen

3) your save should be listed here.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! you have set up the PBEM Email Tracker smile

To Send the File (it will auto update each time you load it after playing your turn) Select the Tick Box Next to the save and click "Send Selected Saves". It will ask you if your sure you want to sent it, Click Yes (or ok, i cannot remember what the button actually says tongue) Enter a Message to send with the save if desired in the box (or leave blank if you dont) and Click Ok again.

A confermation will pop up if it was successful. If it fails, Just send it the old fasioned way and start shouting on here smile

Hope this helps

Adlain.
Globally Lurking:
Unspoilt in all (at the moment)
Playing:

Finished:
PBEM 11: Hammurabi of England (Probably Last)
Pitboss 4: Wang Kon of Arabia (Finished 7th out of 8)

[Image: 1367939.png]

wow Adlain - that is impressive. My set up is slightly different ...
  • I don't check 'custom messages' thus avoiding the 'send custom message' dialog box
  • I check 'auto detect' (see settings) so it will auto check if there is an unsent save
  • I check 'don't confirm' (settings) or something like that so that it doesn't confirm that I want to send it
doing that - I run the program, it auto detects unsent saves and checks them, I click 'send' and I am done.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

I just sent the save on using the PBEM emailer, so you should all have an appropriate email from MardocSeven. Let me know if something didn't work.

SevenSpirits your GPS messages worked alright.

Tatan haven't yet registred on pbemtracker so I haven't fired that up. Naturally we can also make the desicion to use only Ruff's tool and ignore pbemtracker.

http://www.pbemtracker.com/game.php?gameID=96

I am not sure if there is something that I still need to do for the emailer tool?

Is there a way for me to know that the save was auto sent?

And I would prefer not to get the update emails as the save moves along, because I use my normal gmail acct. I am too lazy to check multiple accts.