Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Lewwyn, The Oblivious Archduke of Austria

Don't Shoot Me!

[Image: FWWarchdukeMe.jpg]
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

So the Guap and I decided it didn't matter who we actually were to start. My preference list was: "whoever you need me to be to fill in the gap."

Warning: I've never played before. For the next 3 days lets consider me to be learning.

BTW we already have our first missive, its from Amelia:

Quote:Greeting, Archduke Lewwyn of Austria.

I, Amelia II of Karaman, wishes to ensure peace with Austria.

Although i cannot justify it for now, i hope that i can prove it to you sooner or later.

Regards, Sultan Amelia II of Turkey.

So. Peace? or WAR!
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

So for reference the country assignments and emails are:

• Austria-Hungary: Lewwyn
  • England: Scooter - realmsbeyondscooter at gmail dot com
  • France: Nakor - ikingbas at gmail dot com
  • Germany: Uberfish/David Corperial - uberfishciv at gmail and DavidCorperial at gmail
  • Italy: Rowain - RowaindW at gmail dot com
  • Russia: Regoarrar - superdoubledan at gmail
  • Turkey: Amelia - aamelia999 at gmail

You know Austria wasn't actually ruled by Archdukes? :neenernee

Selrahc Wrote:You know Austria wasn't actually ruled by Archdukes? :neenernee

That's good because I'm not really sure how to run a country in this game!

Rowain:

Quote:To his Imperial Highness Archduke Lewwyn from Austria

Hi Lewwyn

this is just for starting diplomatic contact. You have surely gotten the most 'interesting' position.

Any ideas of cooperation and building trust? Perhaps a standof in Tyrol?

Hoping for a good and trusting relationship

Greetings from Rome to Vienna

Rowain Emmanuelle
Re d'Italia

DO NOT TRUST!

So for all the lurkers, my goal in this game, besides winning, is to get Scooter killed. He's England and if you look at the map and compare it to PBEM 14, he's in the same position. And knowing Scooter's diplomacy, I think he has a fair shot at turning everyone against each other while he goes through the back. I'd like to take a different approach towards scooter in this game. lol

BTW the formal speak of Amelia and Rowain is soooooo annoying. So... Austria just became the hip-hop capital of the world. (Fair warning, I don't listen to hip-hop and everything I write will be completely wrong). Here's a sample of what I mean:

Quote:Yo. Satin Sultan,

We be chillin' and such in Austria. Don't get the panties in bunch, Asutria be in it to win it! And that means peace yo!

Catching you on the flip side,

Lewwyn and his hippity-hop dance friends in Austria

I sent that to Amelia.

There's a good chance I'll just piss everyone off, but I think I've gotta shake it up or I'll go crazy between the formal speak of Rowain and Amelia. It be on yer head!

FYI please welcome Luddite to the floor. He's been hired as my adviser of hop. C'mon boy move that thang.

elephant:

duh

Nakor didn't go formal speak, but I've been advised by Hop he doesn't really matter so he gets the rub too.

Quote:Hi Lewwyn,

Nice to meet you again! Good to be playing Diplomacy again. Should be different from our recent Civ games...
Hope to have enough time with two little kids at home and work at school (I'm a chemistry teacher).
Then again, summer vacation is only a few weeks away! Got to love those seven weeks free!

Well, Austria and France don't have a lot to talk about in these early games.
Taking our Italy is not an option (yet) in my opinion.
We could talk about Germany, of course, if you're so inclined.

Anyways, we can exchange information!
Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers,
Nakor

Quote:Yo N-Core!

We be chillin' here in Austria, ignorin' yer butt across the Med-a-titty sea. You be so far away, you be China and such. Much love.

Peace Bro,

Lewwyn and his hippity-hop dance friends in Austria

I've been advised by Hop that I made a mistake in my last missive:

Quote:Luddite: yer butt should be yo ass lol

Oh well. It's already off.