Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Civilization V Solo Reports

Looks like I got the crashing fixed after all. I had Steam delete the game files, then manually deleted the DLC folder. After Steam redownloaded, all was well and I was able to continue my Korea game. The remaining odd bit is that my spies have no names - the game says things like "Recruit  has stolen technology". Wonder if that was the source of the crashes.

Anyway, Korea science report coming in a few days, assuming no more crashes.

(February 26th, 2013, 22:14)T-hawk Wrote: Anyway, the larger news is that I think I isolated the crashing problem. It happens in the Renaissance if either of my two DLC civs (Babylon and Korea) are in the game. It's reproducible by just starting a Renaissance era game with either civ - crashes instantly. Maybe the DLC is corrupt on my machine somehow, though I'm rather not inclined to shovel more time at the problem and just go play other civs instead.

Might be an idea to verify the game cache through Steam. Some of the files might have been corrupted.

I had a problem with CKII shields, faces and other graphics not working correctly, and that was the solution.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

(February 27th, 2013, 01:40)T-hawk Wrote: Anyway, Korea science report coming in a few days, assuming no more crashes.

Game complete.

http://www.dos486.com/civ4/civ5gkkorea/

Good read (as always).
What techs were you bulbing towards (or do you have to finish the tree?)?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Yeah, one turn those techs for the win!

Bulbing towards Particle Physics, Nanotechnology, and Satellites, which are the terminal requirements for the spaceship. This requires the whole tech tree except for four: Globalization, Nuclear Fusion, Lasers, and Stealth. But I ended up overshooting and bulbing those four techs too and also even three Future Techs by the time the ship launched.

(March 4th, 2013, 18:32)T-hawk Wrote: Bulbing towards Particle Physics, Nanotechnology, and Satellites, which are the terminal requirements for the spaceship. This requires the whole tech tree except for four: Globalization, Nuclear Fusion, Lasers, and Stealth. But I ended up overshooting and bulbing those four techs too and also even three Future Techs by the time the ship launched.

Amusing that Civ4 didn't have that problem as much (you can discover multiple techs/turn via bulbs, though not by normal research overflow), but you generally needed a very extended milking scenario (see: Epic 24) to make use of it, as otherwise the endgame techs were 4-6 great people bulbs each.

Haven't played Alpha Centauri in ages, but I vaguely remember that tech costs were not fixed, but depended on N^2 (n=the number of techs already reasearched)...which would explain that phenomenon, the ratio of increasing tech costs is a lot steeper for low values of N.

Was the first tech 1b?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

And the magnum opus.

http://www.dos486.com/civ4/civ5gkculture/

Awesome thumbsup

Whats the record at cfc?