I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

"You have been struck down." - Dwarf Fortress Adventure stories

Hi. I've been dabbling in Dwarf Fortress for a few months now, and reading stories about DF Fun. smile Which in turn led me to this thread. I have been reading about your exploits every night before going to bed, giving me all kinds of weird dreams...
Anyway, I've been ogling the new 2014 release too, waiting for a more stable release to mess with. I think I'll lurk a bit more, and see if this thread picks up again. I hope the old save file is compatible with the new version.
If things work out, I might even pick up the save file myself for a bit? what do you think?

Armok bless you.. no wait..
If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve.

Save files will not be compatible unfortunately. In fact compatibility is often even broken between the recent bug fix releases.

Interesting recent patch notes:
o Made strangulation take less time
o Babies don't start strapped with a knife

... smile

mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

Any idea when there will be a version of stonesense that will be compatible with the new DF release?
Or maybe someone can point me to an alternative?
*edit* By which I mean one of those isometric viewers.
If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php...msg5462734
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”