I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

"You have been struck down." - Dwarf Fortress Adventure stories

DF lets you output all kinds of maps which I combined to create the 2D maps in Post 5 here.
One of those exports is a heightmap (gray scale; white=high black=low).

I then used Blender to distort a plane based on the gray value to give me a 3D terrain. Then I textured it with the 2D map.

If I am really bored, I might attempt a camera fly over. But that will take ages to render I guess.

mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

Another view with The Slippery Confederation in the foreground.
[Image: worldview4.png]

And this solitary peak in the far east would make an interesting site for a fortress mode game!
[Image: worldview5.png]

mh
---

Harmless "Tipgoose" a lasher from Sweetnessfingers sets out to fight the evil in the land.

With two companions I have a nasty run in with a rhino, leaving me with a broken toe, that just won't heal up.

With a third companion, I approach Thy Crypts of Dying, but get assaulted by Anaconda-Men!

But no problems. Found the Crypt of Dying. Killed both remaining bleak creatures at the expense of one Pikeman.
Lumbered with loot and the body of a Harmless adventurer I make my way back to civilisation. I am not going to drag all that stuff to Empiresstring. I plan to dump the body in the keep of Freesquashes.
Together with foreign currency and some small (!) armour and equipment.

Next task is a couple of Outlaws west of Freesquashes. With 6 companions I camp the night out in the wilderness. Then early morning I sneak towards the outlaw camp.

Again no problem. 4 dead outlaws are left at the camp. Further west awaits a lair of bleak creatures.

The lair is called "Shadeurn the Faint Dusts" and is full of bleak creatures and lots of dead people, humans, dwarves, elves. Again tons of loot, foreign gold coins. Even some small steel (!!!) armour pieces. I will leave all this here. Should one of the Uberfish elves or dwarves make it to this area he can grab good stuff here. I marked it on the map.
I have lost 3 companions in this engagement.
Back to Freesquashes then to report all those deaths and replenish the ranks.

mh
---

What exactly are bleak creatures?

And now that I am a hero, the lord of Freesquashes will talk to me.
[Image: 130xxxx1swamptitan.png]

A Swamp Titan in the far west!
Right, better get a crew together then.
My toe is still smashed open, so better hurry before I die of an infection.

But I am getting confused here, as my quest says, that the swamp titan is already dead?
Is that the one Uberfish killed? And then maybe not handed in the quest?
Lets talk to the lord again.

[Image: 130xxxx2dragonquest.png]

Right! Dragon! Right!

Thank god the dwarves built that bridge! So my party of 16 can safely cross to the other side of the bay. The dragon lair is still many day travels to the Southeast!

[Image: 130xxxx3bridge.png]

Days later we enter the lair of the dragon. it seems to prefer elves and dwarves for food!

Whoops!
[Image: 130xxxx3dragon1.png]

Well, yes its a dragon after all.
[Image: 130xxxx4dragon2.png]

What follows then is utter confusion. I have no idea where the dragon is in all that fire and smoke.
[Image: 130xxxx5dragon3.png]

But somebody has hit it already!

Turns out it landed right next to me with all my companions shielding behind me!!!
Turns out further, that the beast is easy to kill with just two good lashes at the head!
Yay me, dragon slayer!

Wait! WTF?!
[Image: 130xxxx6dragon4.png]
Unable to move, still trapped in the dragon fire smoke, I bled to death. Shit!

All the jewellery, trophies and that famous iron whip, that served three Harmlesses already is now buried in that dragon lair for to the east!

I must remember the location! A short walk north of one of the hamlets north of the canyons and the big lake. The Tax of Jewels is the name of the lair!

mh
---

(November 21st, 2012, 16:27)NobleHelium Wrote: What exactly are bleak creatures?

Excellent question! Some night creature which eats people. Comes with some horns on their heads.

mh
---

LOL at being killed by BOILING GOLD. I have to do another elf now

hope you actually got the right save

Here is the latest save:

https://rapidshare.com/files/203779774/2...egion3.rar

If you play an elf, there are some small armour pieces along with other stuff in the keep in Freesquashes (where you left the dead hungry head).
Furthermore there are very good small armour pieces in the Lair "Shadeurn the Faint Dusts" (#10 on the kingdom map).

Check out my waterfall tourist attraction if you nearby.

Also in case you want to reactivate Uberfish Circlecut, scientist suspects an area of great evil south west of Echoentrances. Check the kingdom map. Somebody has to go there and investigate how that evil manifests!

Good luck

mh
---

I hope your whip didn't get burned/melted. lol

(November 22nd, 2012, 01:06)NobleHelium Wrote: I hope your whip didn't get burned/melted. lol

Argh! That is actually possible. I know that magma-unsafe materials melt in magma and boiling gold is definitely hotter than melting point of iron.

mh
---