For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[Spoliers] Oxyphenbutazone's Plays with Elephants

Was attacked at Market Garden. Lost it, but fortunately had repositioned the stack of 50 knights where it could be hit immediately. Anybody care to count the bodies and add up the power exchange and hammer exchange? Pretty Please, with a cherry on top innocent

Haha, thats a lot on both sides. I got 23 lost to kill 32 enemy, of approx equal tech units. Of course, the lost infra in the city also counts...

Who is winning this game now?

Wetbandit from the tech thread ...

(September 12th, 2014, 11:56)wetbandit Wrote: Let's try this:

We put up a last-ditch effort post in general this weekend. If we don't get any bites in the next 5 days, we call the game.

I agree that converting to AI significantly changes the game's dynamic so I would not be opposed to a decision/concession/draw what-have-you in the alternative. I honestly haven't looked at the game for some time now, but I didn't think that I was that far behind, if at all. I could be completely wrong, of course (not a shocker lol), but let's hope that there's a replacement.

To which Azza responded ...

(September 12th, 2014, 12:23)Azza Wrote: Trying to stay as far away from spoiler territory as possible because hopefully we can find a replacement, but I'd say that while you have a realistic chance of victory and it's far from definitively settled, it's more of a 60-40 or 70-30 (minus something for yuri's/Oxy's chances) in my favour than a 50-50 prospect based on my (admittedly biased) perspective of the game.

According to the scoreboard Wetbandit is ahead by about 100 points. I do not have enough information though to judge between them.

It's not Yuri. That's the third time he's poured out dozens and dozens of units to fail taking Market Garden.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(September 24th, 2014, 11:16)Commodore Wrote: It's not Yuri. That's the third time he's poured out dozens and dozens of units to fail taking Market Garden.

Why does he not just raze it? When I recaptured it immediately popped my culture back AND I still have the 8 pop. If he razes then I have to settle and grow it, then whip in culture buildings before I can reclaim the culture control.

If he's not careful i'm going to raze Zendikar in 3 turns more turns with Guerrilla II Grenadiers. It would have been next turn, except that the loss of Market Garden killed that build queue and caused me to spend a couple turns rebuilding the barracks. In 2 turns I'll have 3 unpromoted 5XP Grenadiers on the PH NE of Market Garden. I'll have 2 workers with them to road the tile, hopefully disguising the Grenadiers as simply a guard while the workers supposedly mine that PH. I'll then road the PH, promote to G2, and move through the Gold tile to hit Zendikar (currently garrisoned by Axe + Cat). I tested in my military sim that I can move a G2 once on road, once on hill, and still have a sliver of movement left for hitting the city.

And I said I wouldn't report ... but as long as I'm not speaking to empty cyberspace I'll keep the little tidbits coming.

Time for another "big events" update ...

I lost the northeastern city. Azza invaded with a stack of Cavalry. I couldn't have stuffed enough defenders in there in any case because I had repositioned all of the knights inside the western city because of Yuri's threat there, but I was rather annoyed with myself because I didn't even notice his stack of Cavalry inside my territory until after the city was dead. I went back and checked the previous save and I just completely missed it.

On to the good news

Killed Yuri's border city last turn at the cost of 3 Grenadiers. One died attacking that GG mace, but knocked it down to 30 or so HP for >90% on the next attack. The other two Grens died to counter attack, but each killed an enemy first. Razed of course because there's no way I can defend it.

I moved the sentry knight in to get vision on Yuri's capital. Defended by just a single warrior nono I specifically built a knight 2 turns ago in my capital because I could get 7XP on it ... enough for Commando promo with the help of my GG (earned through Yuri's failed attack). I felt somewhat bad knocking Yuris about like this as a sub, but he's going to have to learn this lesson the hard way at some point. Might as well be in a game he's already losing. I considered deleting the Sentry knight and Commando, but decided against it. I'll at least give him whatever consolation it is to kill the units that struck him.