I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

For the diehards

Yes, but it's slightly better than that. The OSG suggests that shields are halved by the Oracle Interface, rounded down, then halved again by the NPG or Mass Driver and again rounded down.

(February 14th, 2014, 19:36)Arantor Wrote: Yes, but it's slightly better than that. The OSG suggests that shields are halved by the Oracle Interface, rounded down, then halved again by the NPG or Mass Driver and again rounded down.

Thank you so much! So for a shield rating of 15 that's 15/2 ≈ 7, then 7/2 ≈ 3?

I really wish I had that strategy guide. I couldn't for the life of me find it online, only on paperback overseas.

Yes, in theory. There are cases where the OSG is wrong, either because the game has a bug (e.g. the different races are supposed to have certain chances of certain personality types when the AI plays them, but the game itself has the wrong data in the EXE file), or because it was changed late in the process (the OSG seems to suggest that the AI personalities will be 60% chance of their dominant personality, and 20% chance for each of their secondary personalities, but what data isn't bugged in the EXE shows a 70/20/10 split)

But Zygot says he has some good news about that hopefully later in the year. That said, I don't see any reason why we couldn't get a wiki on Wikia (or I could host it) and produce our own 'definitive' version of guide which takes into account what the manual+OSG+game itself does, as whatever else happens, what the game itself does takes priority over what either document says.

What happened to the guide? Why isn't it available anymore - is it just a hosting problem?

Is there anyone around? And does anyone have the strategy guide? I can't find the guide anywhere. The Amazon book could work as a last resort but would be a hassle to get it and so clumsy compared to checking the pdf while playing.

Here you go. I'll invalidate this link in a couple of days.
If you know what I mean.

Thanks a lot! I cannot tell you how much appreciate it.

My game, Beyond Beyaan, is open source. I've been copying over MoO 1's mechanisms, and using OSG to help fill in gaps where the mechanisms aren't clear.

If you check out the source (https://code.google.com/p/beyond-beyaan/), you can look at my formulas, and there's some hidden gems if you know what I mean mischief
Dominus Galaxia, a Master of Orion inspired game I'm working on.