For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Laconic plakonic

(June 17th, 2014, 08:50)BRickAstley Wrote: You could always talk about how the mapmaker for this map is horrible some more, that's always fun.

Yes I think I've weaker land in the southern part of my continent than e.g. Mackoti and Scooter or the very lush northern part of my continent. This hurts especially now when every land tile counts. I'm not able to really compete with Macokti or Scooter. However all things considered I think this was pretty good map and my start had a pretty decent early game value landing me couple of key wonders. I just wasn't able to guide this to winning or even leading position aat any point of the game. Mackoti has been way ahead all game and Scooter most parts of it. Naturally it is mostly based on their skills and not the map.

And a bit with the fact that you got scorched earth from your neighbours instead of nice big cities or wonders.

I'd say almost entirely because of that, not just a bit!

Mackoti got handed a couple key wonders and a few good cities, including Shwedagon Paya, from slowcheetah

And Pindicator practically got gifted 60% of Nakor's empire, including a couple cities at size 8+!

Most of these cities were hugely productive for those players the minute they came out of revolt.

Contrast that to the conquest of myself and Bacchus. I didn't put up as much of a defense as I could have, but my cities were all still whipped to the bone for probably 60+ longbows in total that still had to be killed, and it was probably 25-30 turns before the cities captured were producing effectively. Bacchus put up an even tougher defense, from what I read, and gave even less fertile ground, what with pillaging his own land.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

I would really like to see this game getting a proper finish, but I guess only way to get is to find replacements for 2 leading teams that is naturally lot to ask. With proper players this game would open up lots of potential intresting outcomes. I'm not quite seeing what Mackoti refers to farcial end. He should just ease it up and accept that the outcome is not totally in his hands and just play along with the flow. It would be intresting to all of us, even if he would not give his 100% every turn. I've been playing casually for a long time, but still look forward seeing the outcome and still have some minor chance to win assuming the other leading players try to win too and not just focus on their space ship ETA.

Also I wouldn't mind spoiled players taking over both Mackoti and Scooter that seemingly have lost their intrest.