Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

(November 9th, 2013, 11:30)Old Harry Wrote: I'm going out for the evening, so I can play tomorrow morning, but if you want to grab it before then feel free...

I'll do the obvious stuff and leave my suggestions about the rest!
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

I'm leaning towards moving that bowman back now too.

Turn 115 starters

Let's start the report with a goodbye kiss for our reasonable demos. crazyeye Depending on what happens during the next couple of turns, this might well be the point where our fighting for the win in Pitboss 13 ends.. shakehead

[Image: PB%2013%20T115%20Demos0000.JPG]

Top 5 in major demos. GNP inflated because of teching CoL. Note that being the no.1 in power does not stop minor civs from invading you.. cry

Ironically our main economical play also culminates to this and next turn:

[Image: PB%2013%20T115%20C0000.JPG]

CoL at the end of the turn. Philosophy (Taoism) bulb will start our next turn.

Our 13th city will also get founded next turn, unless this barb warrior does some kind of a miracle..

[Image: PB%2013%20T115%20City%20M%20b0000.JPG]

And here is once more the pic of the relevant battle field:

[Image: PB%2013%20T115%20suttree0000.JPG]

- All upgrades still untaken, all axes basically get shock, 1 chariot gets medic 1.
- Hastings will still whip that bowman, thanks to turn order it won't finish before suttree's possible suicide attack, but it will be available next turn if we need to attack suttree's stack SW of Jamestown
- Everything available will be moved into city expect we probably send 1 bowman back to Jamestown (unpromoted Yossarian)
- Note Harry the signs related to worker micro in the area. This allows getting one extra CG bowman (Mattimeo) into Jamestown next turn if suttree moves NE. Who knows, maybe that's exactly what makes the difference.

I selected new builds in France (WB for City N/O), Endor (extra bowman for City M), Dunkirk (hammers into axe, who knows how RNG blesses us), I also put Agincourt on wealth (lighthouse?)

Other stuff:
- both suttree's and yurimack's power keeps rising
- there's a m_h chariot close to Königgratz, let's move spear into the city
- Christianity was founded

Oh and one more thing, after ym ended the turn we met William:

[Image: PB%2013%20T115%20William0000.JPG]

I did not offer anything yet, but feel free to offer him maps+OBs for 2/3 gold.. please

There is still plenty to do with this turn. Especially at the suttree front. I'm with great likelyhood available for chat tomorrow morning so we can discuss anything unclear. Not 3 hours this time though.. mischief
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 115 after-dinner mint

We met WilliamLP.

So offered him this deal.

mostly_harmless still hasn't built any military, cry so offering this might encourage him to whip a bit harder...

You can see that his border is totally screwed.

You can see m_h's chariot here, he's got to realise what Yurimack are up to by now cry Flug moves to keep menacing that worker. I suspect there is nothing in that city, but I dunno if its worth trying to threaten it.

Here is our plan for the rice city. We should be settling the mid-island city on t120 too... I want to switch to Caste for five turns at that point to pop those borders (and Konigs, Gallipoli, Light Brigade and the peninsula city too). We could do pacifism too for extra GP points smile

The situation at Hastings is tense. If Suttree just piles in with cats and everything this turn we'll be fine. If he bombards we'll take heavy damage, but should be fine. If he moves NE to hit Jamestown things are touch and go... You can see Fintourist's ingenious plan to get Mattimeo the CG bowman into Jamestown next turn if Suttree goes NE.

Next turn we cancel open borders with plako and re-offer for 10gpt (we'll accept 8, but we've got plenty now, so he's got to make it worth our while). We also whip the granary in Konigs.

Power - come on m_h!

You are not gonna believe what suttree did:

He retreated! yikes I'm not sure if this is a reason for jive or just huh Of course, this attack would have only caused a pile of bodies so maybe he finally realised that? Maybe yurimack is at his border? Maybe he enjoys cold war more? huh x 3

He moved his stack SE. He added one catapult and one axe to the stack though (currently 5 cats and 13 axes) and I'm again considering whether we want to chop that jungle E of Hastings..

I did not make any other moves except bulbing Philosophy. Taoism was founded in BoP, which is probably an OK location for our holy city.

Proper report will come when we actually play the turn. Happy to chat with you Harry later about how to react to suttree's movement etc. Our bowman defeated the barb warrior.. thumbsup
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 116 pre-report

So as described in the last post: suttree "retreated":

[Image: PB%2013%20T116%20suttree0000.JPG]

We'll wait until yurimack has played before doing any moves in the area, but we are probably chopping that jungle E of Hastings. It will cost us a worker (which I hate), but doing it means that we get to hit suttree's stack 2 times on flatland if it targets Jamestown. We probably should have done this already last time as if suttree had moved NE it would have been a bloodbath for both sides hammer mischief Anyways, we should be safe for the next couple of turns unless we see a fair amount of extra cats/units arriving somewhere.

And since fighting is delayed, here is the main event of our turn:

[Image: PB%2013%20T116%20Philo0000.JPG]

Socrates founded Taoism.. crazyeye

And we did not want to give OBs to the civ with GLH for so cheap.. So here is our new offer:

[Image: PB%2013%20T116%20Plako0000.JPG]

And also to slowcheetah, for a bit cheaper..

[Image: PB%2013%20T116%20Slow0000.JPG]

If none of our deals goes through (WilliamLP, Plako, Slowcheetah) we might need to work 3x 2-commerce trade routes this turn, which is not terrible though.. mischief We will also meet Bacchus soonish.
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Trade update:

- All 3 guys declined the first offer and all 3 offered a plain OB deal, which we declined
- We lowered our offer to WilliamLP to 2gpt, let's see if that changes anything
- Plako is not getting a cheap deal from us. That's sure. He is one of our contenders and we support him with trade routes only if he pays a fair price. It's clear that he gets at least 13 commerce if we give him OBs, we expect that he pays at least 5-8gpt for that "gift".
- I'm wondering if we should just accept plain OBs with slowcheetah. He is kind of near and could be kind of a friend. And he is also in such a weak position that supporting him would be probably good so that he could last longer against Ichabod/dtay. So should we just give him OBs?

Game mechanic/knowledge question:

- What is the exact formula for calculating free religion spread possibility? I managed to find some relevant formulas/code interpretations from CFC but not really a whole package that makes sense..
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Erg, now we have to deal with this guy with an even larger stack later ...

Turn 116

Okay, I've just figured out how to get Nuremburg settled on t119, which could be important as Ichy has a lot of galleys hanging around.

I couldn't resist settling Midway - it gives us three extra beakers and costs two gold (it only has 2gpt routes though so it should break even if we open borders with someone else). It did put four units back inside our cultural borders though, so maybe its costing more than I thought.

To try and fix that we offered Slow open borders for free.

Cannae can work the gold and silver this turn, or could work the sugar and a grass cottage to grow quicker. We could set research to 0% this turn and work the food tiles, then 100% next turn and work gold and silver?

In the war zone we chop that jungle and bring some units towards Hastings. We'll leave three bows in Jamestown and have seven bows in Hastings (with nine axes, two spears, two chariots). Give it up Suttree...

Power

Demos

I thought a bit more about our tiles and decided that this is a good turn for running 0 % research. Cannae gets a bit more food so that it can grow already next turn. Because BoP is finishing settler it can work 0-food gold-tile with no regrets. Let's put research back on next turn and start growing BoP again. Cannae can grow supported by the two sugar tiles and Gallipoli can take the banana back from Königgratz.

Another random comment: I also think that maybe we should build a cottage first for Jamestown (W of the city) and from there our 4 workers can move to mining/chopping/plantation duties. I haven't made up my mind yet though.. crazyeye

I finished the turn since I need to head for university. If we ever see an actual unit from Yurimack we can start paying attention to turn split again, but I think we have now played along in this fake war long enough. There is only 6 hours left in the clock, so if Yurimack is expecting us to follow a turn split they are not leaving too much time for us and suttree to play our turns.. rolleye

Actually neither m_h or yurimack has not yet played a turn. It's not an impossible scenario that there are some clock games going on currently and we will see a war declaration. Well, who knows.. popcorn
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3