I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

So Dunkirk is safe for this turn because of the warrior moving in, as is Hastings if our spear goes away (for this reason I would attack with the spear last in case we see the need to move it onto the jungle tile to cover wounded units). I would definitely take the two axe-on-axe battles; I don't like the look of that five-on-three battle for Jamestown. Depending on what happens, I would even consider going at it with everything, as we have five bowmen in-range that have a bonus against all but one of his units, plus one spear that can hit and a second that can cover, and can whip another bowman in Hastings if we move the one there out. I wish we had LoS on the gems so we knew whether we could afford to wait a turn for this to promote the axes and attack with them again, or if he has more units coming up that can cover/reinforce. What does our C&D say; I think you said Old Harry that you think that's most of his military? In which case we could probably wait a turn before throwing in everything. But definitely attack with the two axes, then possibly the western spear against the chariot. Sorry for the somewhat rambly advice, just my initial impression.

Thanks Hydra for your comments! Not rambly at all! thumbsup We can attack last with the spear, sure, although I think we might want to kill that one chariot in any case. I think suttree's response will be to pillage the road with the 2nd chariot and then move either onto dyes or bananas. Our 2 backline spear's will then be able to kill it before any real damage gets done.

I also think that no real reinforcements are incoming, but let's see how our first battles go and decide then whether we continue our attack or not. Damn, I'm nervous. lol
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Oh, I think we'll probably want to too. It's just a minor optimization of attack order. And if nothing's coming we probably should wait on sending in the bowmen - depending on the odds. How long till you guys plan on playing; want to get on chat together?

I'll log on soon. Anyone on gmail at the moment?

I'm online!
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

I've sent a Gmail chat request - did you get it? I'm just running a quick sim with your sandbox (which needed an extra bowman on the jungle) at the moment to get the hang of things.

Turn 99

What aggression is this?

Proud THH will not let this stand!

Noble Viqsi will devastate the invaders...

(Flawless!) And Vicious Gazglum will *point* the way home.

(Flawless!) We discussed trying to clean up the rest of the stack with bowmen, but right now we've won every battle and Suttree can't do anything except pillage roads, so we'll let Gazglum, Viqsi and THH have another shot next turn (unless Suttree moves NW onto the forest). Dunkirk has two units in so even if the chariot wins the 18% battle with a bowman Gaz can kill him next turn.

Over in the west Rowain won again and I resisted the temptation to send the galley to explore south - Lunch exploring Ichabod is our top priority over here...

We did a little diplomacy:

And did Suttree build another axe?

Demos

Turn 99 vol 2.

Ok, I played around with our tiles and builds and did couple of changes:

[Image: PB%2013%20T99%20Overview0000.JPG]

- Endor finishes its spear. I think this is a must-do, because if suttree's chariot would move N-NW onto wines it would get a chance to raze the city, because due to the turn order we won't have any time to whip units. shakehead
- Dunkirk started a worker. I think it should start an emergency axe (that we can whip if suttree's power starts rising) also soon, but that should be preferably done when the city has more food to work (now we aren't converting any food into hammers)
- I shuffled the tiles between cities A-E so that we are more or less making most out of our scarce food surplus. Cannae is also working the gold now so that we get more value out of our library. This turn the tile selections may look a bit odd, but I think they serve their purpouse. Especially getting BoP fast to size 5 & 6 compensates for the fact that we are wasting 1 foodhammer this (and maybe next) turn

And here are the actual demos.. mischief Taking off couple of wealth builds drops us to 2nd place in GNP. If we would not build any wealth at all our GNP would be ~15 points lower.

[Image: PB%2013%20Demos%20T990000.JPG]

When we consider that we are actually 2nd in power, our other demos do not look so terrible. crazyeye Let's hope that we can now start stagnating our power and improving the first 3 categories more quickly..

I'm so relieved that we did not get those low odds losses! jive
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Well spotted with the spear. That would have been embarrassing bang I'm not used to pitboss turn splits at all yet - next war can we play second?

We have two CII shock axes now (unless you want a medic shock axe?), I don't see Suttree with four cities being able to build anything to worry us for a long while so I don't think that emergency axe is vital, but it wouldn't hurt. How to position our existing axes for zone defense is the question:
- one between Dunkirk and Endor and the other between Hastings and Jamestown or
- both by Hastings?
dtay doesn't have a big army but Endor is pretty isolated right now. It doesn't make sense for him to attack after how friendly he's been (although our worker is vulnerable to his sentry chariot - we should put the new spear on the cows if Suttree doesn't threaten the city) perhaps we should offer silver for ivory when we can cancel our Ichabod deal to tie him into peace with us?

Down south if we keep a sentry net of bowmen in the jungle that will give us early warning and allow the axes to shuffle that way if needed.

Did you end turn yet?

I did not end the turn yet. Regarding your questions, I'm not worried about dtay yet, so the axes could stay in the east. And yeah, I would prefer to play 2nd next time if possible assuming it does not require some kind of timer games. crazyeye

There is one thing that I can't believe we missed. TBS/Jowy chariot has vision on two of our uncovered workers on the rice tile and could snipe them from us. Of course it will cost a chariot for them, but damn that's still a risk that I would not have taken if I had noticed that damn chariot. If we cover those workers with a spear, suttree has a chance to attack James town with chariot+axe+spear vs 2x bowman. Odds will still be on our side, but I don't like that very much. Shit, do we cover those workers or trust that TBS/Jowy are our friends?

Hmm. I think I want to think about this for while. rolleye
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3