For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

Weird news:

[Image: PB%2013%20T119%20suttreeweird0000.JPG]

Does he want to signal friendship now or what? huh

Still expecting this.. backstab

(Anyways, I accepted. Why not?)

And the bad news:

[Image: PB%2013%20T119%20peace0000.JPG]

I was blocking someone so I did not manage to check F4 screen and see whether mackoti paid something for secure border or what. Anyway, there goes pretty much our slim hope that suttree uses his cats on someone else.. So I guess we need to keep watching power graphs and try to guess how many cats we will be facing in 10 turns... rolleye
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

I think the world map thing means he wants us to focus on the world situation, ie. the mostly-mack war. Whether that can be trusted, of course, remains to be seen.

Wanna gift Suttree our next duplicate happy resource? Or will that just encourage him to get the whip out?

Good point about 2-movers THH. Maybe we do just want to control all the land over there instead?

(November 14th, 2013, 10:34)Old Harry Wrote: Good point about 2-movers THH. Maybe we do just want to control all the land over there instead?

nod

I wouldn't gift suttree happiness for free. I'd say offer it for his copper, except that now he's building cats. Hmmm ...

Edit: or at least we'll need a spy or two (re: island).

I checked my suttree diplo screenshot from earlier this turn: 90 gold
Now later this turn: 102 gold

Does this mean that mackoti bought the peace with a handful of gold or can you think of other ways how he could have got more gold during the turn? Maybe he razed a barb city, but that seems like a long shot.
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Like, he hasn't ended turn yet?

Failed a wonder?

Razed/captured a non-barb city (don't know when notifications are updated)?

(November 14th, 2013, 11:30)TheHumanHydra Wrote: Like, he hasn't ended turn yet?

Failed a wonder?

Razed/captured a non-barb city (don't know when notifications are updated)?

Yeah, his gold reserves have grown during the turn. Good point about notifications, should not be a barb city then I think. I'm pretty sure mackoti (the player nick is not anymore ym) bought the peace, which is probably fine for suttree, but not too good news for us, because we would like mackoti be at least scared of an attack. Now he has a peaceful border and can focus completely on finishing mostly_harmless.. shakehead
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 120 preamble

Bacchus (EXP/CRE) converts to buddhism, just as he gets his first Taoist city wink dtay (AGG/PHI) starts a golden age and revolts a couple of turns after his great scientist was born.

Have a map (YM's new cities are courtesy of Suttree's map gift, we still don't know why he's doing it):

We've talked about most of this turn's decisions already, just a few little ones that have come up:
- we have a galley passing Issandlwana this turn. What do we want it for? Same question for the galley that just droped Omdurman off.
- we have four workers who've just finished the dye north of Hastings and another who just finished roading SW-SW of the city. How about:
- - 1 moves to northern Dye to road, then chops forest for LB granary
- - 1 moves to southern Dye to road
- - 1 moves to chop Suttree's favourite bit of jungle
- - 2 move to pasture horse, they can then finish the pasture or the mine NW of Jamestown, then improve the NE dye.
- worker L is 1S of Cannae, how about moving E and putting a turn into a road, then SE and building a cottage?

Brick has a quick peak at the road to Madrid. Safe.

Note to self - we'll whip Endor and then revolt to Caste/OR at the end of the turn.

Power

Demos

Turn 120 - more stuff

I logged in quickly. Ichabod offered this:

[Image: PB%2013%20T120%20Ichabod0000.JPG]

I declined (because has not necessirarily noticed our latest city on the island yet), but do we want to offer it back? We will have border tensions in the area (as with everyone of our neighbors), but we would still like to maintain a freindly relationship with him and map trade kind of belongs into that category. noidea

In other news slowcheetah punished dtay for his aggressive plant:

[Image: PB%2013%20T120%20West0000.JPG]

You can also see that we had some own action, but I guess Harry will post the relevant pictures for those who are interested a bit later. mischief
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Not sure we should have showed our hand, but I'll wait for the screenshots to judge ...