I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

Demand Peace from mack for 200-700 gold? Peace definitely has value for him.. If we get peace it's then Ichabod or dtay who suffers..
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Mackoti razed a city. Presumably Peterloo?

Turn 166

Mackoti asked 200 gold for peace, I don't think he can go any further right now, so I'd rather look around... This is the battle for Peterloo. I'm a bit confused how he got colatoral damage from Oliver Cromwell - morale catapult?

Road pillager YossarianLives died but killed a chariot in the process and I don't think we're going to take Get This:

And we have 6 cats, 20 knights, 9 axes and a mace that can hit Mackoti's stack of 36 units:

I'll go do some simming now...

If in anyway possible, you have my permission to kill as many units as you can! popcorn
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Note that putting auto-promotion on is probably necessary if you attack!
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

I want to kill that stack (what of it we can) so bad ... let me know if you want me to do any simming (the enemy doesn't have any catapults this time!)

Notes:

1. We should not have been defending a city with knights; they died aimlessly when they could have been used to counterattack now (we lost seven and killed two with them).
2. We're, like, whipping everywhere, right?

Here is a sandbox for anyone who wants to play along at home... (Sorry THH, not you)

Yeah, I could go over the litany of mistakes over the last few turns, from going for Economics before Engineering to a lack of longbows to putting those knights in there... There's a chance that Mack only attacked because of the easy wins he could get against collateraled knights... bang

Sorry guys. alright

Pretty positive results from the sim, we can shred the stack and with luck get him down to ~15 redlined units, while we have a handful of high-strength units... Unfortunately auto-promote isn't going to do much for us, the knights are only going to get to 8/10 xp (if only we'd built a stable in Jamestown!)

I just logged in to double check the forces and Mack has offered 500 gold for peace. Wow.

What do you think? Do we take the cash and use our knights elsewhere or do we throw our army at the game leader out of spite? mischief

No problem, Harry; it was just a note for the future. Let's take it in perspective: we sniped that city off mackoti all those turns ago when he was conquering m_h, now he sniped it off us. In the end, nothing gained, nothing lost.

Ninja'ed. How many turns' teching is 500 gold (less than two, I guess)? And can you post more detailed results of the sim?