For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

Turn 193

Mack is way ahead of you FT - open borders signed.

His war with Pindicooter didn't last very long - he captured Chrysalis (how did you know?) and did he get Musket Shrine and Captain Trips in return for peace?

Ichabod's stack hasn't moved away from William's border but I dunno what is happening with the rest of his mainland empire. I'm going to risk sending Lunch to try and find out. He still doesn't have Compass, but he's got 2700 gold saved... Our plan in a bit more detail:

Three Northern galleons:
Galleon 1 - aimed at Spring Breeze (T195), then on to Talk of the Town (T196) or Birth of Muashi (T197)
- Musket, 2x Amph Knight
Galleon 2 - Talk of the Town (T195) or Deserted Prophet/Gateway to Glory (T196)
- Amph Musket, 2x Amph Knight
Galleon 3 - The Art of War (T195) or Deserted Prophet/Gateway to Glory (T196)
- Musket, 2-move GG mace, Cuirassier (or Amph Knight)

Galleon 1 is straightforward - the Knights get 80% odds on the phalanx in SB, then we can load more units on if needed and fork three cities in the next two turns
For Galleon 2 & 3 we need to make a decision - do we unload our 2-movers to threaten Desert Prophet and Gateway to Glory? In fact do we load one more 2-mover on here and put two muskets on Galleon 1? I think this is high risk-high reward, we can ask Ichabod for all the island cities in return for not destroying his capital. It leaves his coastal cities intact though, meaning he can build up against us navally. And if we don't kill his captial he can tech to Astro pretty fast.

In the middle and south:
Staging post A - our main remaining force starts here
- 2 Amph Knights, 4 Knights, 1 Cuir
Staging post B - in case Galleon 1 takes heavy casualties and needs to be reinforced, the musket will reinforce Stray Geese when the city is captured
- Two knights, one musket
Galleon 4 - Eyes (T195)
- Amph Cuir, Amph Knight, Musket

If we take Stray Geese with no casualties we have four 2-movers to load onto Galleon 4 or move onto the Blitz tile. If Galleon 1 only needs one extra unit that's an extra 2-mover. We can move Galleon 4 to drop off more 2-movers to threaten to take The Evening Boat on T197.

I declared and offered Dtay our maps for peace, our knight stack is in place if he doesn't want peace.

On the home front everything is growing in anticipation of Caste workshops again next turn. I whipped the Granary in Tet (nice suggestion FT) and working an Engineer in Gallipoli gets the grocer a turn quicker. Oxford is only three turns away now. We have a six-move galleon on the east coast - do we keep it secret from Mack? I probably shouldn't have promoted it just yet but I couldn't resist twirl

Demos and power (at break-even our GNP is 876 frown)

Ended turn. Did I miss anything? Would you arrange our forces differently?

For the sake of compliteness, here's the reply that I tried to post here yesterday (but had to send via mail to OH because RB was down).

War preparations are currently well on their way (marathon chat session).. hammer popcorn

(March 6th, 2014, 06:53)Old Harry Wrote: His war with Pindicooter didn't last very long - he captured Chrysalis (how did you know?) and did he get Musket Shrine and Captain Trips in return for peace?

Chrysalis: I remembered roughly the location of the city and the area was empty (empty desert tile surrounded by farms..).
Other two: I think so.

Quote:He still doesn't have Compass

thumbsup shades

Quote:Three Northern galleons:

I have some thoughts about this that I try to share with you before we play T194

Quote:In fact do we load one more 2-mover on here and put two muskets on Galleon 1?

I think this is good in every case.

Quote:In the middle and south:

Sounds good! In the south we may want that our Galleon ends up in Eyes, so that we can unload 1 knight/cuir if we manage to take the city with knight/cuir+musket

Quote:We have a six-move galleon on the east coast - do we keep it secret from Mack? I probably shouldn't have promoted it just yet but I couldn't resist twirl

lol I dunno! It could have been 5-move sentry too wink I think we want to use that Galleon mostly in sentry duties so that we know that Jamestown is safe.

Quote:Demos and power (at break-even our GNP is 876 frown)

Terrible! cry One new war surely will help things.. mischief

Quote:Did I miss anything? Would you arrange our forces differently?

Had to entertain some guests until now and Ichabod already played.. So I'm sure it's all perfect!! But as said, I try to contact you tomorrow morning before we stage our units! Anyways, it's an awesome job you're doing! bow
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 194

Dtay accepted peace and immediately offered Marble and Ivory for Dye, Banana and Corn. We should do something with that Marble shouldn't we? Also had an interesting offer from Bigger - 1000 gold for 860 gold, we'll have Oxford EOT196 so will turn science on t197 with 2600 in the bank and run at -420 for six turns. With this offer we'd have 2000 in the bank and run at -320 for six turns. So I think this is a good deal for us. I'd offer it back if he was saving money but he isn't so we offered 860 gold for all his cities in the hope he'll re-offer. Also we should get some capture gold next turn.

Ichabod moved his knight stack. It can't get to Talk of the Town or Deserted Prophet next turn, but it probably means an attack on DP won't work, depending on what it does this turn. Lunch will move up to check what's in DP next turn.

We're poised for the attack next turn. North:

South:

The order of events next turn is:
- Move Lunch to get visibility on Ichabod's Capital
- Attack Spring Breeze
- Attack Flying Geese
- Attack Eyes
- Decide what to do with Galleons 2 & 3 - burn two coastal cities or threaten the capital?
- Offer peace for the other two island cities, the city on Dtay's island and the rest of Ichabod's treasury... We might not want to offer peace straight away, since it lines up the treaty expiry close to Mack and Dtay, but getting the rest of these for no further effort is attractive...

We revolted to Caste and OR as we're still looking to build Banks and some other infra over the next few turns. This might be problematic if we revolt out of OR in five turns but Mackoti wants to attack us in 9 turns.

Demos and power

I think FT is going to check over things and end turn (make sure it's before Ichabod logs in...)

Ended the turn a while ago (left some notes etc.), now it's all about waiting for turn to roll and organizing enough popcorn for a probable stream tomorrow.. jive

We need to think about our potential peace offer pretty carefully, we don't want that Ichabod will be able to unload his 40+ knights onto our island just before our enforced peace ends... This war should be a naval war, land war is something that we probably have to deal with in our main continent.

Btw, I'm still neurotic about the possibility that Ichabod has 10 galleys E-SE-SE of birth of Musashi, but I think it's not that long ago since our sentry chariot visited Spring Breeze and didn't spot anything. (that's something we might want to do before war declaration next turn though)
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

What time are you available tomorrow for a stream session THH? I'm out in the evening, so it'll probably need to be pretty early for you...

(March 7th, 2014, 09:37)Old Harry Wrote: What time are you available tomorrow for a stream session THH? I'm out in the evening, so it'll probably need to be pretty early for you...

It also probably should be pretty early, because we need to (unfortunately) play before Ichabod. Although at this face, you never know if the turn actually will roll in time.
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Yay streams! popcorn

I hope it doesn't end up being in at like 4am for me lol

Well THH is a Canuk too, so you should be able to make it (although that's a pretty wide country you have, so who knows). I guess we could aim to play at 1pm GMT (ie about 20.5 hours from this post), I think that's about 8am in Mountieland?

BTW who's the guy in your avatar? He looks pretty good at micro.

Who, Phil? That's ol' one-nut himself

[Image: PhilKessel.gif]

I'm at GMT -4 (and the daylight savings is about to happen cry), which is the closest time zone to europe in the Americas.

And yeah, Phil's pretty good at micro

(March 7th, 2014, 09:37)Old Harry Wrote: What time are you available tomorrow for a stream session THH? I'm out in the evening, so it'll probably need to be pretty early for you...

Sorry, I haven't been able to get onto the forums for the past couple days. I almost thought it was the Great Crash of 2012 again. Anyway, based on your statement it's already too late for me to be involved, so I look forward to the report and discussion of future moves instead.