I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

Turn 245

Well last night's session was interrupted by a shouting baby, which is pretty useful because it means Commodore played already, so we can see if he declared before taking the plunge ourselves... Eh? No declaration and this very odd message. If I didn't know better I'd say he's waiting another ten turns. crazyeye

Probably for the best though, because last turn for some dumb reason I moved our destroyers to a tile that France can see, so dtay can see, so his naval stack has moved where our destroyers can hit it but our Ironclads can't. banghead Ho hum.

I don't see us attacking dtay now. He's only a few turns from Artillery himself and could probably get oil from Mack if needed. So either our expansionary eye needs to turn back to 2metraninja (peace runs out EOT247) or we concentrate on infrastructure for a little while - switch to Org Religion while building factories? Whatever I thought I'd move our fleet into attack position and chance my arm with an outrageous demand...

Konig needs the power plant and then the grocer and Aqueduct, but it's going to lose the rice next turn, so we need the culture more. frown

I made an executive decision to switch research to Artillery since we're probably not going to get the great general to justify Mil Sci. This is exactly how far behind we are.

demos and power

Turn 246

Dtay didn't hand over the island as requested. So I'm going to do nothing at all about it. In fact the current scheme for livening things up is to farm 2metraninja's coastal cities to get the 31 XP we need for our next Great General and the Commando raids he'll enable... Got to keep entertained somehow eh? Mean time we'll complete Artillery this turn, so I'm asking for oil and a 55 turn defensive pact (or until we declare on 2mn on t248). Sound reasonable?

Also we're going to see what Commodore makes of this.

Konig is in deep trouble - without that rice it's losing a lot of food. We could bomb with the great artist, but that's not really a long-term solution, perhaps another turn or two of culture will fix things, but we need to get the grocers built in case it doesn't.

Entertainingly our little fleet concentrated dtay's military somewhat.

Demos and power.

Just commenting that we chatted a good while yesterday with OH and I approve all the smoke

Declaring 2metra in order to just farm experience with amphi infantry is a pretty crazy idea from geopolitical/diplo/meta perspective, but at this point it's mostly about fun. And that's definitely fun lol

Attacking dtay belongs kind of into same category.. Do not understand me wrong, we are not throwing the game and do not want to ruin the game for others - we just probably go for even crazier plans and attacks than before.. tongue

Could you OH post next time our:
- Financial screen
- F4 - current wars/deals
- EP balance with dtay, 2metra & mack (first two are always bad, AGG kind of has anti-synergy with espionage, which is actually fairly annoying)

If you are slow I just log in myself tongue
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 247

Aw crap. Wanna declare on dtay and 2metra next turn? rant Who do you think proposed the pact? Maybe we wanna go for economic stuff for a while instead of all this warring? Democracy or Liberalism or just build factories in OR (although lets build some Anti-Tanks too). No reply from Commodore.

Finance

Espionage - dtay

2metra

Mack

Looks like Mack went for the oil for 30gpt deal so we can build Destroyers as well as Anti-Tank and Artillery. Upgrading our three Ironclads will cost 960 gold, then our Frigates are 350 gold each (6000 for the lot of them) wanna upgrade them?

Demos and power

Thanks! Hmm.. Annoying def pact. It would be awkward not to accept a peace deal with dtay after we declare 2metra and if we do it it screws up the possible dtay attack... We need some kind from Commodore that the attack is indeed happening in near future. Otherwise we might need to change focus on 2metra, because while I think it's not out of question that we could beat dtay on our own, it would be an enormous bloodbath even if we succeed and that can also co terribly wrong. Attacking Ichabod/2metra is as impractical as always so maybe you are right and we just try to get tanks + planes.. tongue But if that's too boring let's just start a war with Ichabod or dtay anyways. Initial attack on mack could be fun and succesful, but after that there would be no much joy - and he also provides us with the crucial oil.

(May 23rd, 2014, 19:41)Old Harry Wrote: Looks like Mack went for the oil for 30gpt deal so we can build Destroyers as well as Anti-Tank and Artillery. Upgrading our three Ironclads will cost 960 gold, then our Frigates are 350 gold each (6000 for the lot of them) wanna upgrade them?

I would say that we wait a bit with upgrades and do them in masses in ~5 turns if we actually attack dtay and don't spend our money for research..
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

From Civstats we're at war with dtay, and Commodore joined in too! I guess we lost Midway, which is a bit annoying, but was the point of that city anyway. I'll log in now to check...

Nope, he burnt Agincourt with commando infantry...

Turn 248 part one

I don't think so.

I do think so. I offered the same back to him.

And we should have saved ourselves 30 gpt by waiting for this! I accepted, and we could declare-peace Mack to cancel the other one, but then he might offer it to our northern neighbour. So perhaps not.

These are what's left of the six commando infantry that it took to burn Agincourt. We'll need to kill them this turn. Then we turn our attention to getting reparations... At least this screwed dtay's peacetime trade bonus with Mack. We can end up ahead here, but only if we can take dtay's capital off him and get it producing like Agincourt was. That's not going to be easy. In the mean time should we think about putting Wall St or Oxford somewhere else?

This is where Commodore struck.

Our new capital - anyone know why the game chose a size 14 city being pressured on Mackoti's border for us? We lost another 1% on the rice tile even putting 120 culture into it last turn - I'm going to bet that Mack is gearing up for a culture win, so we just need to accept that we're not getting it back and work out what size Konig can survive at. I'm farming one of the workshops, I think we'll lose another in the next ten turns, but after that we should get a little grace.

Bureau is no longer a good option, so lets switch to Nationhood. I guess slavery is a good option too right now, I just wish we'd got fascism to allow police state... Dtay has Artillery, which means a land war is going to be tricky, but he isn't getting Oil from anyone so naval stuff should favour us. Right now Scooter has one source of oil and plako, Mack and Com have two each. Should we offer plako something for his oil?

IIRC, the number of military units in a city affects the score for when a new capital is chosen...
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

How did this happen? I thought we were aware of the threat of commando units ...

Also any other moves from him or does it seem like opportunism/preemptive?