I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

(May 25th, 2014, 15:15)Ituralde Wrote: I love how matter of fact you reacted to your friggin capital being razed out of the blue. Even more youe were immediatelly upbeat about it and are already making good on the revenge part.

thumbsup

Thanks guys. We knew we'd lost this game by turn 150, so this just confirms it. I think our reaction would have been a bit stronger around about turn 120... Anyway things were getting boring nod

Also as I logged in Young Harry started to scream, to help to put things into perspective. alright

(May 25th, 2014, 17:23)Old Harry Wrote: Also as I logged in Young Harry started to scream, to help to put things into perspective. alright

Wow, he's learned empathy really early!

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

If I have understood correctly empathy is not the only thing that YH has learned so far.. I hope OH recorded YH's evil laughter as daddy razed Berlin and took Milos.. mischief
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

We should set up a stream watching civstats get reloaded every 30 seconds.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Turn 249

For next turn our commando options from Light Brigade are:

There are workers in place to rail to the NW of the city to allow a cav attack on Hamburg, Commando units can use those rails to bypass that city and hit Rush Valley and South City.
If Dusseldorf grows to size 2 then we can capture it, road the desert 1N of it and hit Dublith and Ishval and possibly TheMusketShrine if dtay has railroaded the green circle. However I'm sure he's aware of this and won't let the city grow. If Ishval is at 40% culture we could do this anyway, but I have a feeling it'll be 60% by now. If only we'd roaded and mined that copper when we had the chance...

In the east taking Sewer Jack would open a route from Jamestown to Frankfurt and TheMusketShrine. Sewer Jack has a lot of units in it though frown. More interestingly capturing Fortunato would allow a commando to hit TheMusketShrine and Bagabond if the rail network there has developed since we had sight on that area or filler cities Essen and Frankfurt. This could be our most realistic chance to inflict some damage. Note Mackoti's transport lurking - it's just in range to hit Jetboy and deny that shrine to someone...

Wanna log in and see if you have any suggestions before I play the turn?

Logging in!
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Any airships in range to give the necessary visibility? Also want to log in (erg, requires setting up RB Mod), but must head to work.

Turn 249

Feel free to log in, but make sure you get the right version of the mod - 2.0.3.4.

Lurker question: I just whipped Konig for 2 pop but only got 75 hammers, even though it's got the Ironworks in. Does that bonus not apply to slavery?

Anyhow, Mack gave dtay oil for 300gpt (for at least 8 turns due to a peace dec). dtay upgraded nine destroyers, so forking mainland cities seems like a bad idea now. Instead we'll concentrate on making concrete gains on the island...

On the mainland it looks like there are nine Infantry that *could* be commando in Hamburg - Fintourist pointed out that with AGG, Statue of Zeus, West Point and a couple of great generals dtay could be popping out one commando Inf per turn yikes. So I decided we need to take the fight to mr tay. Airships reveal there are no Kannone within ten tiles of Hamburg, unless they are in Riole, and I think, if we put enough units on the forest 1S of the city this turn then we can take it next turn, opening up the interior as far as East City to our commando infantry. I'll be giving them their XP this turn, but saving promotions, so that the Machine Guns will defend first when attacked.

In fact here are the 35 Kannone - well out of range of our attack twirl.

Our commando raids will set out from that forest.

So this is the stack for next turn's attack.

On the island we use three cuirs to take Creta. The first one gets a lot of luck so the others win easily and we get 100 gold for the capture.

After that we kill the SOTL and capture a worker.

I decided that we need to hit the five Infantry and one Spear in West City this turn because dtay can draft it next turn and I *think* I can capture it this turn. Here is the battle in pictures (do lurkers prefer pictures or text for battles?)

168 gold is nice, even better is that the factory and coal plant survived...

We're again paranoid about Mack attacking (with Marines and Tanks this time) on t252, so I'm stuffing all our drafted Infantry into our important coastal cities, while we're building a few Anti-Tanks to go in Konig and Tet.

Next turn whip Tet, Midway and a bunch of others.

Demos and power

You posted the wrong picture under spoiler tag. Also if you do so many pictures having a spoiler tag for them would be nice.
http://nijidraws.tumblr.com/ - Crediting the artist who made my profile pic.