I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

I'm wondering if the changes Cyneheard implemented affected the old bug fixes for hammer multiplication and pop needed to slave that occurred back in vanilla civ 4.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

(May 27th, 2014, 07:04)Krill Wrote: I'm wondering if the changes Cyneheard implemented affected the old bug fixes for hammer multiplication and pop needed to slave that occurred back in vanilla civ 4.

Exactly 75 hammer needed to complete the power plant and 150% production bonus would suggest exactly that

Edit: Though it had been a while since I've dealt with that bug. Struggling to remember all the details.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Yeah, sounds like the exact 75 hammer finish screwed things up. Dear admin, could we maybe get a battleship or two as compensation?

@OH, re artist: Bombing Hamburg is probably not too awesome way to burn it. Let's try to keep our GA near the front lines so that it enables tactical moves e.g. if dtay does not position his units carefully. But let's still try to keep it safe from commando shenanigans (what PBEM was it where Commodore murdered like 5 great persons from scooter?). Losing even 1 here would be annoying.. crazyeye And yes, if mack NAP-stabs us, I'm happy to use our GA in the most annoying way possible tongue
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Haven't said this yet, but the way you guys took this in stride is really awesome. Still rooting for you guys to pull off the surprise conquest victory thumbsup

Turn 250

Thanks Hashoosh, but you may be speaking too soon - now I'm going to throw a hissy-fit. I didn't spot the fort, so the Frigates in Thebes that I thought we were safe from came and killed five of our galleons and six amphibious Infantry. Isn't it enough to be worrying about Mack and dtay? Why do we have so many enemies? banghead Most annoying is that I moved a destroyer up to chase dtay's galleon when by staying in place it could have saved most or all of ours rolleye.

The destroyer killed one boat, then our frigate lost a coinflip and a galleon cleaned up the injured ship.

Dtay's Kannone are now near enough to us to cause concern for our stack. He's filled all the nearby cities too, so our brave Commando Infantry can't do much except raze a size 1 city. I think they are more valuable to us than that, so I won't bother. Really we need to retreat them and have them available on Mack's border. The way to do that is to take the city and cause the grey culture to fall away. These are our stacks.

First we use three catapults to knock down the defenses, then the fighting starts. The idea is to knock the Infantry down a bit so the Machine Guns face the airships:
CR3 Can vs G2 Inf 3% LOSS - 2 collateral and 1 hit, but its enough to leave the MGs facing the airships - two hits and an interception isn't great, but it'll do.

Next I want to get as much collateral on the Infantry as possible so:
Barrage3 Can Vs Drill 2 MG 0.3% LOSS - 5 collateral smile and no hit frown
We want to get some hits in, so:
CR3 Can vs D2 MG 23% WITHDRAW! - 3 collateral and 4 hits smile
CR3 Can vs D2 MG 31% WITHDRAW! - 4 collateral and 4 hits smile
CR3 Can vs D2 15.5/18 MG 44% LOSS - 4 collateral and 3 hits

CR3 Can vs D2 15.5/18 MG 44% LOSS - 4 collateral and 0 hits
I don't want to lose too many cannon - they're our shield against dtay's collateral stacks, oh, and now that our Artillery get odds I'll try them out too...
CR2 Arty vs G2 Inf 77% WITHDRAW without a scratch! - 3 collateral and 2 hits
CR2 Arty vs MG 96% WITHDRAW without a scratch! - 3 collateral and 2 hits
Lets start trying to kill some units now
Flanking 2 Cav vs MG 4% and 59% retreat - LOSS
C3 Cav vs MG 19% and 24% - WITHDRAW with 2 hits
C1 Charge Cav vs 15.5/18 MG 39% and 18% - WIN
C3 Cav vs 11/18 MG 80% and 6% - WIN
C4 Inf vs C1 Inf 96% flawless WIN

C2 Pinch Cav vs injured Inf 88% WIN
C2 Cav vs injured Inf 84% WIN
C2 Cav vs injured Inf 86% WIN
C2 Cav vs injured MG 98% WIN
C1 Inf vs injured MG 99% WIN
C1 Inf vs injured MG 99% WIN
C2 Cav vs injured Inf 99% WIN
C1 Cav vs injured MG 99% WIN and we capture the city. It's got no infrastructure and will be a bitch to defend, so I'm inclined to burn it.

To kill six MGs and five Infantry and remove one of dtay's forward staging posts that's a loss of four cannons and a cav. So far. We'll have to see if he counter-attacks with his Kannone and drafted infantry. I retreated our Commando Infantry to LB and plan to put some of them in Konig next turn.

I debated with myself building railroads in Mack's territory this turn and next, which would tip him off that we can make a commando attack. I want to give him as many reasons as possible not to attack us, so I went for it.

On the east coast Com and we have enough Transports to take Fortunato next turn, I hope we take it because there is a chance that Com will burn it and we have some Commandos on one of our transports to see if there are any options over here.

Drafted France, Hastings and Issy. Whipped France, Hastings and a few others. I upgraded three cannons to artillery and I'm tempted to dump them outside Sewer Jack along with our whole stack if we can get peace with Mack, we have enough MGs that I think we might weather the storm there, but I'll want to check in worldbuilder first...

Demos and power

Wow those were some great combat rolls for you! *almost* makes up for the amphib losses. alright

Just beat the shit out of Dtay, and when he is dead take your time torturing 2MN.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

I think Krill may feel more strongly about this game than you guys do.

That West City is probably the city that changed hands the most during this game. Slowcheetah settled it, I captured it from him, dtay captured it from me (or was it you guys that got it and gifted it to him?) and now you took it from dtay. Nice! hammer

Ha! I forgot that - could have saved ourselves a bunch of hassle by just keeping it back then... in fact that makes dtay's sneak attack even more underhanded - we've only ever helped him out! shifty

Krill: yessir!