I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

If this game ends in anything less than victory I'm going to hunt down every player and chain you to a PC until the game is finished. And depending on what you do I might give you a few kicks along the way to make the point known.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

(May 29th, 2014, 11:28)Old Harry Wrote: Ha! I forgot that - could have saved ourselves a bunch of hassle by just keeping it back then... in fact that makes dtay's sneak attack even more underhanded - we've only ever helped him out! shifty

I thought the same thing before you guys attacked me. lol

(May 29th, 2014, 12:26)Ichabod Wrote:
(May 29th, 2014, 11:28)Old Harry Wrote: Ha! I forgot that - could have saved ourselves a bunch of hassle by just keeping it back then... in fact that makes dtay's sneak attack even more underhanded - we've only ever helped him out! shifty

Yeah, but we saw this way that you could help us out even more... crazyeye

alright

(May 29th, 2014, 12:06)Krill Wrote: If this game ends in anything less than victory I'm going to hunt down every player and chain you to a PC until the game is finished. And depending on what you do I might give you a few kicks along the way to make the point known.

Victory for us? rolf

(May 29th, 2014, 16:47)Old Harry Wrote:
(May 29th, 2014, 12:26)Ichabod Wrote:

Yeah, but we saw this way that you could help us out even more... crazyeye

alright

And you proved your point pretty well, I'd say. hammer

Yeah, Ichabod, sorry for the attack. alright We did consider you as a friend although at some point there was some trade mess that we did not enjoy too much. You canceled our trades and sold same resources to Bacchus or WilliamLP IIRC. Anyways, we felt that we simply had no other direction to turn as we wanted to try at least something to improve our position. Mackoti paid attention to our border and had a sizeable army. Dtay did not really have an army, but capabilities to build one and revenge after capturing couple of cities. Attacking your island quickly and trying to stop you from landing your 100 knights seemed like a best bet of non-attractive options.

Actually if you had paid a bit more attention I think we might have been in trouble. I think I underestimated slightly how quickly you got to Frigates and definitely how fast BoM was pumping them out. Your navy was starting to reach a dangerous size and you could have (soon) started threatening our coastal cities, but luckily from our perspective we succeeded in our sneaky attack.
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 251

Commodore wins the apostolic palace election again, which could be helpful if Mack does attack us next turn.

Last turn I re-settled the site of Agincourt. I dunno if 3-Mile Island counts as a military disaster (cue conspiracy theory about nuclear plants getting built mainly for the by-products) but losing Agincourt nuked our economy... Beethoven is highlighted but I moved him onto a boat on our east coast later on. I think that'll be where he can do most damage - dtay's culture won't be so intense...

If you're wondering why Konig is suffering so badly on the culture front? Stalingrad is an amazing city and has a whole bunch of cultural buildings in it such as the Eifel Tower... Shame that we couldn't have kept it frown.

Airships give us a good idea of what Mackoti has that isn't sitting on a transport. These units wouldn't be enough to take Konig next turn, but if Mack had some tanks on the boats off the west coast they could hit Konig. We'll have four anti-tanks in the city by then. Perhaps that would be enough? Seriously though Mack hasn't made any aggressive moves and I'm double-moving him this turn, so we get to play first next turn if war is going to break out. Should we go for another war-peace 10 turns or trust that he'll just crush us when he feels like it but that moment isn't yet?

This city has been annoying me, after a little softening up the cav gets good odds. He wins with 5HP to spare yikes.

Dusseldorf is similarly irritating. A withdrawing cav only gets one hit, but that's enough to allow a drafted infantry to kill the city.

I upgraded another seven Cannon to Artillery, the plan is to dump our stack on the tile 1S of Sewer Jack. Obviously if Mack hasn't signed peace that'll have to wait. Also if dtay maneuvers his Commando Infantry we need to cover that too (currently nine of the Inf in Sewer Jack and six in South City could be Commando.)

Next turn whip Somme

Demos and Power

Hey, second in life expectancy. You guys've got that going for you!

...which is nice
[Image: carl.jpg]

Any plans to relocate the palace or is it a moot point?

My early plan was for gallipoli to get it, so if we can't take dtay's then that's where it'll go...

Turn 252

Looks like we don't need to worry about Mackoti for another 50 turns...

Last turn's mistake was thinking the tile 1w of the highlight was coast - dtay's destroyers totalled a bunch of ours that were trying to cover the 2mn front and the dtay front duh. We lost six to his three (four if you count the one that I just killed at a cost of three Frigates - all of which had odds to win rolleye). I've hidden all the remaining boats in cities that I *think* can't be boated until we have enough cash to upgrade them and get them stacked up again.

That sets us back on the naval front for a little bit. But look who's riding to the rescue up here! Hopefully Com will kill all dtay's destroyers for us and let us do all the forking we want.

On land I did a bit of world buildering and decided that putting our stack in dtay's territory would be a great way of losing it so they stayed in LB.

On the 2mn front there are six galleons, which could deposit 18 rifles or knigihts on the doorstep of West city. Or attack amphibiously. We have 3 MG and 5 Inf in West city, so I don't think he can take it. I offered peace so we can concentrate on dtay.

We could raze five of Mackoti's cites this turn. Is that a bad idea? I'm keen on suicide right now and between him, dtay and 2mn they'd finish us off pretty quick!

But I think that wouldn't be playing for our best interests, so I'll just wait and see if Mack does anything annoying - I war/peaced him, if he doesn't accept then we'll kill those cities... Actually you've all got until Mack logs in to convinced me to do it.

Demos and power