Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

Had a quick look before running to work. Two bits of bad news:

Dtay hit our Destroyer stack again and did us a bunch of damage frown
2metra added a knight to Gateway, but I believe that the 2 movers we have and the artist bomb will still allow the plan to work. We'll see this evening...

http://www.twitch.tv/old_harry

Should be live in a few minutes.

Damn, I guess I just barely missed the show. I'll be available for chat still for a while if you're still awake.
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 258

Hello viewers! Welcome to another silent film:

Well it didn't go as well as I hoped. We lost a battle at 64% and the artist bomb didn't take the tile SE of Deserted Prophet so our 2 movers couldn't kill Gateway to Glory frown.

All of which, combined with the fact he got Railroad last turn means he could smush the 7 Infantry, 1 Machine Gun, 1 Artillery and 5 Cav we could get into the city. If we'd killed Gateway things would have been soo different. So we just left the three commando Infantry behind. I offered the city back for peace to try and keep our Commandos alive but I doubt he'll take it. I'm a bit annoyed I didn't raze Deserted Prophet, I should have known the artist bomb wouldn't claim that tile.

Over on the dtay front we killed three of his destroyers so the trade was 9-6 in his favour alright.

Too bad. alright What was the cultural percentage on that tile after the bomb?
I take it you were out of commandos?
I have to run.

(June 12th, 2014, 06:29)novice Wrote: Too bad. alright What was the cultural percentage on that tile after the bomb?
I take it you were out of commandos?

I think OH said it was ~10 % so it was not really that close. And yeah, we were 2 commandos short of taking Gateway.

We chatted yesterday and obviously it's a pity that the plan did not work quite as hoped, but anyways that was a cool thing to attempt so at least I don't have any regrets crazyeye

We speculated quite a while for trying to defend the city anyways, and sure, we could make it quite a bloodbath, but without major RNG luck 2metra should have been able to take the city back eventually. Trading units and being annoying is not thaaaat much fun so I think we prefer to save units, look opportunities against dtay and keep more units available in case mack backstabs us. Btw, at this point we have spent so much resources elsewhere that mack surely can attack us successfully, but if that happens I'm still hopeful that we could make it a fairly long grind, which would allow plako or scooter or Commodore to pile on him.
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

I still think this was a beautifully executed attack! Two cities capture, one burned and it also included a capital. That's far from a bad result. I'm looking forward to 2metrainninjas reaction to this. Has to be quite a blow, but I guess you can relate how it feels to loose the capital to commando units!

The tile only went to 9% - Ichabod's capital had been at 60% defense for ages, so I should have realised.

Thanks Ituralde, it would have been slightly better if I'd brought along two more commandos or razed the capital... Looking back giving ourselves a turn or two extra to allow that might have been wiser. Maybe next time.

From Civstats it looks like 2mn took peace in return for getting Deserted Prophet back, which means our three commandos survive, we get ten turns to build up the beach-head city and now the turns will start rolling a little bit more freely since we're not in a three-way turn split. Or he only took one of the two cities back.

(Wrong screenshot under demos.)