I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

(July 3rd, 2014, 15:53)Fintourist Wrote: Feel free to post that we prefer to continue the struggle and crush our opposition, but if the concession is unanimous, we might consider accepting it.. mischief

Just saying this isn't quite clear enough for me to count it one way or another, based on the post i made in the tech thread.

We're happy to concede, I don't see how you can pick a winner out of the three leaders though.

Yeah, it's more than likely that the eventual winner would be mack, plako or scooter. However I doubt that these names would be the top 3 when the game ends. At some point they would need to fight each other (or two of them just accept the loss and watch the leader launching his spaceship, which would be a lame end for this game) and that would once again shake the power balance of the game. It's actually a pity for the lurkers if this game won't be played until the end, because this is far from over. Even in our position there are still things to be achieved and interesting battles ahead, but obviously the time commitment that late game civ requires is quite a burden. I'm sure that Young Harry misses his daddy or at the very least OH needs some sleep.. wink

Just in case I'm confusing you Brick here, OH's decision is what counts nod
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 267

Possibly the final turn of the game and there is a touch of damp squib about it for us. dtay used Cavalry, Artillery and infantry to wipe out our stack - I wonder what we should have landed instead - or perhaps nothing would have done the job? The battle list reads from left to right. Also look what Commodore gave us in return for our Commandos.

The upside of this is that he's left a mere 8 Infantry in Sewer Jack. We have six Airships in range and Commodore had hit the seventh so our stack of 9 Cuirs and 18 Cav *should* clean up with about six or seven to spare. In my three sims I lost 7/7/7 Cuirs and 3/2/2 Cavalry in the process and any surviving units will be easy prey for Dtay's units. But these 2-movers are going out of style anyway...

Since survivors are likely to be killed anyway I'll promote CII and Pinch where possible.

C3 Cuir vs 17.6 C2 Pinch Formation Infantry 1% win/15% withdraw: LOSS with 5 hits!
C2 Pinch Cuir vs 17.4 C2 Formation Infantry 1%/15%: LOSS no hits frown
C1 Pinch Cuir vs 17.4 C2 Formation Infantry 0.5%/15%: LOSS 2 hits
C2 Pinch Cuir vs 20 C1 Infantry 1%/15%: WITHDRAW! 4 hits smile
C2 Pinch Cuir vs 17.4 C2 Pinch Infantry 3%/15%: LOSS 2 hits
C2 Pinch Cuir vs 17.4 C2 Pinch Infantry 3%/15%: LOSS 3 hits
C2 Pinch Cuir vs 17.4 C2 Infantry 3%/15%: LOSS 0 hits frown
C2 Pinch Cuir vs 17.4 C2 Infantry 3%/15%: LOSS 2 hits
C2 Pinch Cuir vs 17.4 C2 Infantry 3%/15%: LOSS 1 hit
C3 Cuir vs 17.4 C2 Infantry 2%/15%: LOSS 2 hits
Flanking 2 Cav vs 14.6 C2 Infantry 6%/56%: WITHDRAW 1 hit
Flanking 2 Cav vs 12.2 C2 Infantry 12%/50%: WITHDRAW 3 hits smile
C2 Pinch Cav vs 12.2 C2 Infantry 61%/12%: WIN without a scratch!
C2 Pinch Cav vs 12.2 C2 Infantry 63%/11%: WIN taking 2 hits
C3 Cav vs 11.8 C2 Infantry 59%/12%: WIN taking 2 hits
C2 Pinch Cav vs 11.8 C2 Infantry 63%/11%: WIN taking 1 hit
C1 Pinch Cav vs 9.0 C2 Infantry 83%/5%: WIN taking 2 hits
C2 Cav vs 8.8 C1 Infantry 84%/5%: WIN without a scratch
C1 Cav vs 4.8 C2 Formation Infantry 97%/1%: WIN with 1 hit
C1 Cav vs 4.6 C2 Pinch Formation Infantry 97%/1%: WIN with 2 hits

And we burn the city!

This stack of injured Cavalry is probably dead, but they served their purpose.

I revolted to Vassalage (costs 100 beakers and saves us 50 gold) so that we can get 16XP units out of Jamestown. I think I'm going to sprinkle the Great General XP because there might be another opportunity for hitting dtay cities next turn. If there isn't I'll put him in Jamestown and we can build one commando per turn. We have a lot of 14 XP infantry, our treaty with 2MetraNinja runs out next turn, and there are a lot of units to farm XP from in his coastal cities over here. It won't be next turn, but it'll be fairly soon...

And just in case this is the end of the game I'll give you some graphs:

Demos:

Top cities:

Victory info:

And a couple of overviews:

Maybe next game eh Fintourist?

(July 7th, 2014, 18:34)Old Harry Wrote: And we burn the city!

jive

Quote:We have a lot of 14 XP infantry, our treaty with 2MetraNinja runs out next turn, and there are a lot of units to farm XP from in his coastal cities over here. It won't be next turn, but it'll be fairly soon...

nod

Quote:Maybe next game eh Fintourist?

Ha! I'll save my end game analysis/comments/bitching once the game is officially over, but sure, new disappointments await us! lol Overall I think we can be fairly satisfied with our performance. Sure, these 270 turns also include a fair amount of mistakes, but I think considering the land/geopolitical position we had (jungle nightmare with weak food resources + squeezed in the middle of the continent), we still managed to make a decent impact for this game. If the game continues, let's see if we can keep having our fun with dtay/2metra or do we still have to put in a defensive performance against mack, who should be able to easily double his current military in case he feels he needs more land.
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Wait, how did I ended in this thread? mischief

(July 7th, 2014, 18:34)Old Harry Wrote: Turn 267

Somehow this looks like the matrix to me crazyeye

I love tha donut of Babylonian culture around the Greek capital!

(July 11th, 2014, 14:11)Ceiliazul Wrote: I love tha donut of Babylonian culture around the Greek capital!

Ha! Hadn't even seen that... Very pleasing smile.

Turn 268

Dtay wipes out our cavalry without a loss, leaving his troops on the railroad tile that would have allowed us to hit TheMusketShrine and Essen frown.

I'd like to get a city settled over here to prevent dtay resettling Sewer Jack and popping the borders back out. Also I can see a way that six commando Infantry could burn Ishval allowing us to strike way deeper into dtaynia. Soooo I settled the Great General in Jamestown and sent all our units over west to farm some XP from 2metra. Don't worry dtay, we'll be back.

(July 9th, 2014, 20:48)retep Wrote: Wait, how did I ended in this thread? mischief

(July 7th, 2014, 18:34)Old Harry Wrote: Turn 267

Somehow this looks like the matrix to me crazyeye

I now wish I knew how to make animated GIFs. Also: what are you doing here?

Didn't you know? With the world cup winding down this thread will again become the most interesting show on the Internets. nod How can he stay away?