Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Hearthstone

Wow!

By the way, I thint that was not the luckiest thing to happen to me regarding a Y'shaarj in Arena. I had a game where my opponent played a Y'shaarj when he was way ahead on board. Y'shaarj pulled a 4th minion to his board. I MCTeched the Y'shaarj and that pulled a Sunwalker from my deck and I proceeded to win.

I won this one too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I had a crazy thought about using ticking abomination in a quest druid deck.  Two terrible cards should cancel each other out and make something positive, right?  The point was this idea that you really just want to play fatespinner and have it die.  It turns out that there are a number of minions which could have a death wish and also either have 5 attack or death rattle into something with 5 attack.  Devilsaur egg, giant anaconda, etc.  This seems likely to backfire against skilled opponents (simply ignore the abomination until it is weak enough to suicide and then kill it on your own terms), but even the potential of it working is quite amusing.  You are basically never going to be ahead on board at 4 mana as a quest druid, so there is that.

My overall impression of the new set is that there are a lot of very powerful, very slow cards, and not a lot of new tools to bridge the gap into the late game.  I think some of these cards might see more play in wild than in standard.  Maybe I'm underestimating the potential of control decks to buy time in a meta without quest rogues.

I'm excited that I get to brag a bit here! This last month my arena runs were doing really well and I decided to push to complete 30 and try for the monthly leaderboard. The rankings came out today, and I made it!  I play under the handle ThrowAway, and got #42 on NA for September.

Link to the full rankings
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Nice job! 

Also, the difference between first and second place, that is a crazy big difference.

That's awesome. 7.53 is a huge average.