I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Tides of War, a balance mod

Inching back towards Civ and RB after burnout at the ISDG.

I must say that I like the philosophy behind this ToW much more than for RtR. Some ideas I do have for exploration here or in other mods are:
  • Moving Slavery civic from BW to another tech, to my mind Masonry. Right now BW carries both the early production accelerators, and I see no real connection between BW and systematic slavery. Masonry, on the other hand, is both connected with large-scale projects (good flavour) and is seldom a priority in-game (so can need a buff).
  • How about giving AGG a buff to military production, not only to unit quality (ie C1)? Then one advantage of AGG would be that one could use a smaller military in peace-time, but be able to quickly generate an army at need.
For Chumchu's concern about Expansive leaders, some of the historical analogs that the name, the fast worker production, and the focus on population growth carries to my mind are the USA of the 19th century and the Bantu migration in Africa.
Furthermore, I consider that forum views should be fluid in width

Mod looks cool,

and I tentatively agree with moving Slavery to Masonry

**(One possible slavery nerf, if anyone thought it needed one, could be to split the food storage of Granary across two buildings. One idea is to have +25% food storage with Granary and +25% food storage with Grocer.)