Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Caution: Brainstorming in progress (Spoilers!)

(July 29th, 2014, 09:52)Mardoc Wrote: yikes Where did Ellimist find all that commerce? All the way up to Mithril and Fanaticism and 20 Mercenaries and tons of upgrades and....dang.

A lot of it came from overflow gold, especially during the golden age. Once I had the Guild of the Nine, my two bigger cities were "wasting" a majority of their hammers on "excess" overflow each turn.

That's why you saw me moving Champion reinforcements forward instead of Phalanxes.
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

Out of curiousity: on those turns that we were worried that we didn't protect our stack well enough (like the first turn it arrived on your border), did you consider going on the offensive? (In retrospect it seems unlikely that could have gone well for you, but I sure was paranoid at the time...)

(August 21st, 2014, 12:56)HidingKneel Wrote: Out of curiousity: on those turns that we were worried that we didn't protect our stack well enough (like the first turn it arrived on your border), did you consider going on the offensive? (In retrospect it seems unlikely that could have gone well for you, but I sure was paranoid at the time...)

Sure... I think I considered every option available to me, but I don't think you ever gave me a chance to counterattack that could actually get through your fodder/summons and kill multiple real units, or that didn't involve sacrificing almost all of my own units.
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

We were most afraid of your Ratha stack. If you'd been able to Blind Gibbon + most of the mages, you might have managed to wipe our stack the turn afterward. It's tricky, though, since no single casting would have had good odds, so you'd have had to commit basically all of them and get lucky.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(August 21st, 2014, 18:04)Mardoc Wrote: We were most afraid of your Ratha stack. If you'd been able to Blind Gibbon + most of the mages, you might have managed to wipe our stack the turn afterward. It's tricky, though, since no single casting would have had good odds, so you'd have had to commit basically all of them and get lucky.

i was afraid of his rathas 2... i thought of backstabbing the first stack of mages with a couple of RoF, and then attack, but i would have lost all my units, and just give the game to elli... meanwhile with no GP (not sure how i got to that point with almost no GP, there were 3 at the capital and no more...) saw my points going down against the golden Ages of every1 else... :S frown