Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Winter Olympics

I for one welcome Crimea's adorably menacing new overlords...
[Image: BjARyirCEAAoa-k.jpg:medium]

Well, maybe not that menacing.
[Image: prokuror_01.jpg]
[Image: prokuror_02.jpg]
[Image: prokuror_03.jpg]
[Image: poklonskaya_.jpg]
[Image: prokuror_05.gif]
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

Oslo finally withdrew its bid for the 2022 winter olympics.
It's down to Almaty (Kazakhstan) and Beijing.
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/n...s-25894588

Like Deadspin wrote in may: "The failed and aborted 2022 candidacies all have one thing in common: When actual citizens are allowed to have a say, they say they don't want the Olympics."
I have to run.

The best part of that Deadspin article is the comments about Qatar. lol

Yahoo! sports had a very similar article recently. I guess it's between a spot in China nowhere near any mountains and then $&#^ Kazakhstan!

Well that's not true actually, Beijing is quite close to mountains. It was built there so that its back would be on mountains making it more defensible. There's mountains all along the northwest perimeter of Beijing.

It will give lots of opportunity to show a snow covered Great Wall.

Darrell

(October 8th, 2014, 07:44)darrelljs Wrote: It will give lots of opportunity to show a snow covered Great Wall.

Darrell

There you go, you don't even need to build a bobsled track. Just hose it down and get it covered in ice.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(October 7th, 2014, 23:05)NobleHelium Wrote: Well that's not true actually, Beijing is quite close to mountains. It was built there so that its back would be on mountains making it more defensible. There's mountains all along the northwest perimeter of Beijing.

Apologies, I was lazy and didn't reopen the article. The actual claim is "...there's Beijing, China, which doesn't actually sit within 120 miles of a usable ski mountain..."

(October 8th, 2014, 10:09)sunrise089 Wrote:
(October 7th, 2014, 23:05)NobleHelium Wrote: Well that's not true actually, Beijing is quite close to mountains. It was built there so that its back would be on mountains making it more defensible. There's mountains all along the northwest perimeter of Beijing.

Apologies, I was lazy and didn't reopen the article. The actual claim is "...there's Beijing, China, which doesn't actually sit within 120 miles of a usable ski mountain..."

Neither does Oslo, actually. 120 miles isn't that far.
I have to run.

A good ski jumper should be able to jump twice that distance.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.