For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Dtay's Albion

(April 3rd, 2014, 13:46)Twinkletoes89 Wrote: Tbh I think our struggles to really work together was down to a play style/personality clash as much as anything.

I think that the Norway Army & unsupported fleet into Kie deal breaks were seen in completely different terms by us both. You prob thought that it was just the way it goes and nothing more, when I found them to be pretty black marks on dealing with you. We could only cooperate so much, yet twice you broke agreements on that and so it was really hard for me to trust you. I was honest when we were arguing after the Norway thing that I struggled to see why I should trust you again, and then I decided to work with you and give you another chance and it worked to begin with and then you didn't support me into Kie.

I operate very much on a fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me idea so that's why things fell apart.

To be honest with you, I could see and understand why you did what you did (you had a much stronger ally you could trust than I did), but within the game I couldn't reconcile that with really being able to trust you. That said, I'd happily play another game with you sometime as in a different situation we could probably manage our differences better

Oh yeah after the unsupported fleet into Kie I had no expectation of future cooperation, that pretty much made it clear I was just out to take your stuff. Norway army is I think where our perception of what was going on diverged most, I saw it as a "well, I cant follow through on this minor promise, but I won't do anything with it", an annoyance for you but not a very important one. I suppose that perception was shaped by the fact I knew that I really wasn't intending to be particularly anti-russian at that point in time, versus you had to care about the worst case scenerio.
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

(April 3rd, 2014, 13:52)Twinkletoes89 Wrote:
(April 3rd, 2014, 08:00)Rowain Wrote: But that Russia knew in advance that you were putting an Army into Norway and still decided to side with turkey instead of killing it is baffling.

Basically, I felt that me & scooter had a major rapport and could possibly juggernaut. The 'stab' was pretty much planned with scooter, though I was considering going through with it rather than not stabbing, but I was pretty sure that an alliance with MJW & You would not work for me as you would prob stab me afterwards as you would have the Key Lepanto trust binding you together.

Attacking you is possible for Austria but what could I promise MJW? You would have the far better position and also the trust earned for killing of scooter.

(April 3rd, 2014, 13:52)Twinkletoes89 Wrote: Also, seeing MJW let in to Tri for free was so much of a potential bounty if we could get him to turn on you that I zeroed in on trying to make him do that, thinking he would be rational enough to take it on. Then me and scooter would be the closer two of the triumvirate and I stand more to benefit from it. I very much wanted to avoid being a Crassus.

You just say clearly why it is a bad idea for Italy to stab Austria.

(April 3rd, 2014, 13:52)Twinkletoes89 Wrote: On the Norway army - I would have loved to counter it, but the logic was that I was directing all my focus south rather than try to divide & survive that I decided I just had to live with it and hope it wouldn't come at me early on, which it thankfully didn't

If you focus your armies south you either need to kill in the south = Turkey or stab Austria from start by moving into GAL. But UKR, SEV BLA and then not taking out Turkey is positional suicide for no real gain. Just subtract the gifted SC from scooter from your endposition and tell me that result was worth it.
But since this is dtay's thread I stop usurping it.