Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Human Tourist: Empress of Azteca

(July 19th, 2015, 01:37)Old Harry Wrote: On the engineer, I was saving him to rebuild our factory if BGN sabotaged it again. Which is more likely -TBS beats us by a turn or BGN sabotages again?

If I read the table correctly, settling the engineer on t264 is already enough for completing the stasis. So assuming your calculations are correct then we can wait for a while and see if more valuable uses for the engineer appears. Overall I would definitely go for that one turn improvement in our own finish over something speculative. I'm afraid our victory on t274 is already too late and t275 even more.

Delaying TBS enough so that we could win eot273, which was our date before BGN sabotaged the factory, felt even remotely reasonable, but unless you pull a miracle and manage to get an army of spies into TBS land, things aren't too promising.. Well, assuming OH you aren't burnt out let's fight until the end. Are there undefended WilliamLP / plako / GermanJoey cities that we could take and use as locations to ship in spies? Any self-destructive commando strikes that would allow us to capture TBS cities for the same reason? Ridiculous transport chains?
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

(July 19th, 2015, 14:36)Fintourist Wrote: If I read the table correctly, settling the engineer on t264 is already enough for completing the stasis.

thumbsup That sounds perfect, if we need him to rebuild the Factory we use him for that (although is it even worth spending a turn doing that - even if the hammers are free the overflow gets divided out anyway?) if not then we settle him on t264.

Re: taking plako, GJ or William's cities - we'd need a few cities to make airlifting units worth our while, but I could see us commandoing some of plako's inland cities and then offering him peace for ridiculous GPT. Our attack stack isn't so close to William and it's further away from the target cities. GJ is too far away for us to do anything. Would Plako take peace? We do have our fortress city, so we don't need OBs with plako any more and actually I doubt he can do us serious damage in the next ten turns. Probably not a goer next turn, but could be done t263...

Transport chains won't work because of TBS and dtay's fleets. We'll try to have two transports (7 & 8 movers thanks to the Great General we just got) dropping 8 spies off t264 to start sabotaging t267, but TBS's whole fleet is in the way...

Just checked the numbers for Zucchini:

- If BGN doesn't sabotage again we finish eot264

- If he sabotages the Factory this turn and we use the GE to rebuild the Factory it's eot265
- If we don't rebuild it's eot266

- If he sabotages next turn or later then we just finish eot265 without using the GE

- If he takes out the Factory and Forge this turn then we settle the GE next turn and finish eot266

Turn 262 prologue

We lost a spy to TBS and BGN lost a spy to us at Zucchini. But we still have a factory there smile. From here on it'll be starving...

Watercress started the Life Support and will easily 2-turn it.

Things to do:
- Sort out the starvation at Domino and Ophelia.
- Farm Flowers.
- Fort for Lettuce.
- Farm for Pea.
- Draft: Rocky, Pickle, Ophelia, Jelly? Flowers?

We're making nearly 5000 EPs a turn at break-even, which should allow us to sabotage two Cathedrals per turn, given enough spies.

Dtay is massing paratroopers and transports just off the coast of Hazelnut. I imagine he won't attack until the spaceship is launched. How about moving the palace somewhere a bit safer? Perhaps Carrot or Ugli Fruit or maybe it can just move every turn to keep everyone guessing?

Moving the palace sounds like a good idea, lol at moving it every turn.

Sounds like the Monster Raving Looney Party's plan to put the House of Commons on wheels.... lol

Turn 262 main course

Dtay is going to burn Twinkle or Kipple (or both) this turn. We should be able to kill this transport before it gets any further though.

I noticed that Snow Bowl was full of trash (13 units worth) and we have 11 Commandos here. If we win every battle then I think it'll cost us a couple of Cavalry or one commando tank to burn the city. War Weariness isn't such a big deal for us any more, so I went ahead...

- C4 Commando Tank vs 84HP CG1 Inf 89%... WIN (1 hit)
- C4 Commando Tank vs 79HP CG1 Inf 91%... FLAWLESS WIN
- C4 Commando Tank vs 90HP CG2 Rifle 96%... WIN (1 hit)
- C4 Commando Tank vs CG1 Rifle 97%... WIN (2 hits)
- C4 Commando Tank vs CG1 Rifle 97%... WIN (1 hit)
- C4 Commando Tank vs CG1 Rifle 97%... FLAWLESS WIN
- C4 Commando Tank vs CG1 Rifle 97%... WIN (1 hit)
- C4 Commando Tank vs 90HP CG1 Rifle 99%... WIN (1 hit)
- C4 Commando Tank vs 90HP CG1 Rifle 99%... WIN (5 hits yikes)
- C4 Commando Tank vs Rifle 99%... FLAWLESS WIN
- C4 Commando Tank vs Rifle 99%... WIN (4 hits yikes)
BLITZ!
- 83HP C4 Commando Tank vs Rifle 93%... FLAWLESS WIN
- 70HP C4 Commando Tank vs Cannon 93%... FLAWLESS WIN
We got 130 capture gold and killed four Fighters smile. I deleted one Tank and the rest retreated to our territory. Also highlighted are spies that will jump on transports next turn - this turn we'll drop 7 spies off just south of Mayo, they'll then board transports on the north coast t263, land in TBS' land t264 and can sabotage t266.

Six bits of space ship finish this turn, we're also drafting hard and building seven spies.

As for the palace maneuvers - we'll part-build it in X-man this turn. In the future I think Ugli Fruit, Yam, Nectarine, Watercress, X-man, Xigua, Horseradish (in that order) could keep our assailants on their toes. Whether we'll need to bother moving it that much I dunno, but it sounds cool right? Also I wish the monster raving loonies were still around, they were so much nicer than the swivel-eyed loonies that replaced them frown.

Victory screen

Turn 263 prolog

BGN has started completing his spaceship. He's only got Genetics and Ecology to go, so if he can 1-turn them both he can start (and perhaps complete) the Life Support on T265. We should be finishing it 264, if our Factory doesn't get sabotaged again...

TBS caught three spies this turn yikes, so we've only got five left, three have a 20% discount. We can take out two more of his three Cathedrals this turn, then the last one next turn. Without city visibility we're going to find it harder to track how well he's doing, but once the Cathedrals are gone the Temples, Theatre, Barracks, Library, Totem Pole and University are our next targets.

I put a stop to the threat to our iceball cities. Dtay has 9000 EPs into us, so I'm just hoping he's not got spies in Zucchini as well. Anyone know what other damage he can do us? He can make commandos but doesn't have a production line city, so needs a great general.

Dtay didn't spot the 2 cav we snuck away from him in the north and down through Krill's lands. This turn we can kill Theros, 18-1( or Butt Fumble or we get 77% against the pike in Zendikar. I think the risk of Zendikar isn't worth it - Theros and 18-1( make more sense to me. I think it's important that we do some taunting though - can anyone give me a couple of unit names that would annoy a Patriots fan?

Draft: Lucky, Snowdrop, Marmalade? Jelly Bean? Jelly?

I hope to finish the turn in the morning, but we'll see.

EliDefBrady2008 and/or EliDefBrady2012.

[Image: manning2.jpg]

The Deflator would also serve...