Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Human Tourist: Empress of Azteca

You're way underrating the Arabs; 70h Maddrassas are awesome.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Actually I also play against Azza in PB11 Maybe we never had contact but we were in the same game neenerneener

And having read a bit more about camel archers I'll revise their rating to "useful".

Turn 37

Once again quickly: I was stubborn and went SW-SE: crazyeye

Azza's 2nd city also had a warrior in it. (So existence of 2 warriors confirmed, we should get his graphs in ~5/6 turns)

So what next? I kind of would like to move SE-something and have even better view of this area (and find a hut!), but I promise to listen to you in case you want to head somewhere else! Microwise everything is going according to the plan for a change, let's see when barbs/animals/forest growth force us to rethink everything again.. please
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

And yeah, 20 hammer reduction in library cost is a decent improvement. Arabia kind of brings small benefits into a useful unit and building so it's definitely not a blank civ while probably not a game changer either.

And yeah vol. 2. Feel free retep to share your own thoughts/expectetations regarding Azza!
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Is that ocean or lake? Unfogging the stone area is good, if you can avoid the pride of Simbas. At least they stop bears and warriors spawning...

I wonder if exploring as far south as possible will tell us anything about islands or other civs? And do we have a similar gold that we just haven't unfogged or is our gems tile the equivalent?

Azza has put up stout defences against decent players (krill and lewwyn) but folded like a pack of cards vs relative unknowns wetbandit and Cornflakes, so I guess he knows enough about us not to make things too easy, but won't go overboard like he would vs a big gun...

(April 28th, 2014, 16:18)Old Harry Wrote: Is that ocean or lake? Unfogging the stone area is good, if you can avoid the pride of Simbas. At least they stop bears and warriors spawning...

S-SE of scout is ocean. S-SW of scout is lake!

Quote:I wonder if exploring as far south as possible will tell us anything about islands or other civs? And do we have a similar gold that we just haven't unfogged or is our gems tile the equivalent?

Maybe! In one way or another that area will be contested as well, but I'm crossing my fingers that there won't be anybody south of us (and even if there is that tundra area can't be anyone's first expansion priority!).
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 38

Quickly because it's dancing -time in Finland.

It looks probable for me that there will be some decent island sites in the south that we can use for working financial coast and intercontinental trade routes. No extra huts though..

Domestically we finish Agri with 1 beaker extra and start farming corn next turn. New settler will be started next turn and immediately double-whipped into completion on turn 40. jive for IMP trait. It has been fun to develop our micro around abusing it.
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

The thread is pretty high in the second page nono

Even if there is nothing to report about the game another description of your other neighbor would be fun to read popcorn

Turns 39-40

(May 1st, 2014, 17:55)retep Wrote: The thread is pretty high in the second page nono

Thanks for saving us! thumbsup

So we've been scouting the area south of Azza...

And it looks like I get another shot at popping a tech from a hut!! jive Now, come one, we've tried this so many times, there just got to be AH or Pottery inside that thing! please Masonry is probably the only tech that would not make this thread full of dancing Btw, any opinions how to continue scouting? Head west and maybe try to find Brickdocs? Try to see if there is a tundra path to our own area here in the south? Something else?

At home we did our Imperialistic 80-hammer settler double-whip finishing beautifully at 100/100 hammers:

Btw, our demos, especially food stat, have looked pretty decent during the last 10 turns. Completely from different world compared to our PB13 start. So that's something that lightens my mood and makes me think that this time we are not 15-20 turns behind by T60. tongue Now thanks to the whip those demos are of course destroyed, but we will be adding new pop points in a relatively fast fashion during the next couple of turns.. Unless something unexpected happens... we really don't want a bad animal/barb/Azza-rush luck right now though so cross your fingers for that as well.. crazyeye

So next turn highlights:
1. Hut!
2. Azza's graphs
3. Riskiest warrior move of our micro plan

(May 1st, 2014, 17:55)retep Wrote: Even if there is nothing to report about the game another description of your other neighbor would be fun to read popcorn

Aaaand let's try to do this soon as well! (Although retep still owns us his own Azza comments) neenerneener
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3